Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

When do the features from the "Fall Release" get integrated into VF?

Saw a bunch of awesome features you guys released on VF.com (http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/fall-2012-release/) and have installed on VF.org, so I'm wondering when people like me who self-host Vanilla will be able to use them.

Comments

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

They're already in the OS version of Vanilla as of v2.1a27

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Oh cool. Where did you get that information?

• Options

For anyone that has been using 2.1 - what are your impressions of it? Has this been discussed much? Anyone have links to installs on your own sites?

• Options

When will the 2.1 version be available for download from vanillaforums.org?

• Options

@lucasbytegenius said:
    Oh cool. Where did you get that information?

I downloaded 2.1a27 and took the new features for a spin :-)

@DirtyDog said:
    For anyone that has been using 2.1 - what are your impressions of it? Has this been discussed much? Anyone have links to installs on your own sites?

I've been using 2.1 for quite a long time now and I have only good stuff to say about it. It's so much more than 2.0.18.4 has ever been - overall a great piece of software. I don't have an online installation myself anymore as I took it down a few weeks ago. @OnlyAnExcuse has done some pretty amazing stuff with one of my themes for 2.1 though, you can find his forum here: http://forum.onlyanexcuse.com/

@ghurley said:
    When will the 2.1 version be available for download from vanillaforums.org?

It's probably still a few weeks away. If you want to take the current alpha release for a spin, you can download it off of Github.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

@kasperisager that onlyanexcuse site is grreat! Is the free version of 2.1 not going to have badges or reactions?

• Options

@DirtyDog said:
    Is the free version of 2.1 not going to have badges or reactions?

Nope, it's not. "Badges" and "Reactions" are only available on the hosted plan which I can very much recommend if you run a large community and need a top-notch hosting solution.