Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My New Installation of 2.1 has no styling.

It's just a list of links on the left had side. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Ben

Answers

• I just had this problem and the solution was to upgrade PHP as it seems a minimum of 5.3.0 is needed for 2.1

• @DirtyDog Thanks for your help but I just upgraded to 5.3.18 and it still doesnt work. This happened after my hosting company moved my server instance. Any ideas what could have gone wrong? I am in the middle of contacting them also but I thought I'd ask here too since I want it up asap.

• It could be that the design folder in your theme needs to have the proper permissions applied if your server was moved.

• Hmm nope. I just went into all the themes and changed the Desgin folder within those themes to 777. But still nothing.

• Start by deleting cache/*.ini and then try to debug why the CSS file isn't loading

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for the help @UnderDog

I deleted all the .ini files in the cache folder... but still nothing. Not sure how to 'debug why the CSS file isn't loading'. I'm far from an expert coder. Would have no idea where to start.

• should I re-upload those .ini files again? where they important?

• What initially happened was that my forum was appearing, but all links gave a 404 error. So I decided to do a clean install. I deleted the directory, and deleted the MySQL user and database. But after installing afresh I'm stuck with this. What should I do? Start again? How do I make sure I absolutely clear everything if I do a new install? Do you think that will help?

• I just noticed something.

Since it's embeded in my wordpress page the URL of the site should something like thecashlab.com/forum/#/the-forum-url

Notice the #? That is no longer appearing (with the rest of the URL following it) when I go to various links on the forum. It just shows thecashlab.com/forum/ all the time.

Could that be a clue as to whats not working?