Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 logging out all the time

Hi.

I just downloaded the latest vanilla 2.1a31 and install it on localhost just for testing it out a bit. But I'm being logged out all the time. Like if I don't do anything in 10 seconds then I click on something, and I'm being redirected to the sign in page. Is there any way I can change it, or is it a bug?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Do you by chance have two tabs open - one for vanilla 2.0.18.4 and 2.1x - it seems to me they interfered with each other and the the problem went away when I only had one version of vanilla in the browser open at one time.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• same problem here with Vanilla 2.1a32
    Wonder why no one noticed this thread before..

• @indianfootynet. well i agree I have waited for any comment for awhile now.

• Because 'a while' is not 2 days, but a week or more... that's 1 reason. Reason 2 is that it's Vanilla 2.1 and that's in Alpha modus. Reason 3 is that is needs to be reproduceable.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It is reproducable but considering the alpha state I didn't pay attention to it.

• @UnderDog well i may have overstated "awhile" a bit. But my point was that I was just curious that if someone else have this "problem" to. And I know it is a alpha release, so my other point was maybe some of the core developers will see this post so they now it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Do you by chance have two tabs open - one for vanilla 2.0.18.4 and 2.1x - it seems to me they interfered with each other and the the problem went away when I only had one version of vanilla in the browser open at one time.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine I had suspected that but quashed the theory since I thought 'How on earth'. Turns out, you are right!

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

If you want to run two versions of Vanilla side-by-side on the same domain I recommend you change the name of the cookie in your config.php:

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Name'] = 'SOMETHING';