Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem in Loading Player

hi,

i just install the plugin and add a direct mp3 url in "Profile Song URL", but it isn't working!
i use chrome and have flash player installed. what's the problem?

Regards - Safeman

Comments

• Options

Make sure that you've installed Vanilla Forums in the root directory. If still does not work then check that the URL you use should end with '.mp3'. Not working? send me the link of your forum. It will good for me to understand the problem.

• Options

You know a forum software has arrived when you start seeing bells and whistles plugins like this.

• Options

Which forum software?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@JunaidPkn said:
    Which forum software?

I think Anonymoose meant this as a compliment to both vanilla and your plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

oh really :)

• Options

just an idea - you may or may not want to do this - but couldn't you just use html5 audio tag as an option in the setup to play the mp3 and dispense with the flashplayer.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@JunaidPkn said:
    Make sure that you've installed Vanilla Forums in the root directory. If still does not work then check that the URL you use should end with '.mp3'. Not working? send me the link of your forum. It will good for me to understand the problem.

10x a lot;vanilla isn't installed in root directory. i just fix the urls in class.profilesong.plugin.php , now it's working properly!

• Options

Glad you got it working :)

• Options

@peregrine said:
    just an idea - you may or may not want to do this - but couldn't you just use html5 audio tag as an option in the setup to play the mp3 and dispense with the flashplayer.

The audio tag has some problem with the Firefox browser, that's why i included the player separately which will work in all browsers.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2012

@JunaidPkn why not use some of the core function like Url and Anchor? you shouldn't really expect people to change a hard coded url, or for it to be in root directory.

Also don't use &$Sender objects in php are already passed by reference. It will likely break in 2.1 Use $Sender instead.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 actually i am new to Vanilla Development, and do not have a deeper knowledge of core functions. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll improve the code in the next version.

• Options

No worries.

grep is your friend.

• Options

So what did you do to fix it exactly? As in what lines did you change and what to?