HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Games for Vanilla Froum

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

Can we develop small games for vanilla. using flash, jquery or ajax. members will spend lot of time on the site (for high score)

Comments

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited November 2012

@Chanux said:
    Can we develop small games for vanilla. using flash, jquery or ajax. members will spend lot of time on the site (for high score)

Yes. Please fund some developers and they will.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You can find a whole bunch of jQuery games here: http://gamequeryjs.com/demo/

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Thanx, i'm also very interested in good resources. Also in games that do need to be paint to use them. Does anyone know good websites to start searching for quality games?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Other forum software packages have games plugins, the ones i've experienced on SMF actually give users high score tables. Which isn't a bad thing, it's pretty cool.

However... I guess it depends on the forum; but for me when I was running a football forum before the one I have now, I noticed some users signed up, made the obligatory single post and played games. And little else.

If in the games area (arcade), users aren't immediately aware there are new posts, or are topics to chat in. And don't participate in them. Vanilla does have notifications appearing if a reply is made to a topic though, SMF didn't.

Just from my experience I didn't think it was suitable for a football forum, but on the other side of the coin it did add another thing for users to enjoy.

So while I didn't think it gave more to the community than it took away, some liked it and enjoyed it.

It would be a useful plugin for some i'd imagine.