HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Helpful Book for Webmasters : Secret Strategies for Successful Online Communities

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.com/Community-Building-Web-Strategies-Communities/dp/0201874849

People above 30 - Please buy

People under 30 and not earning - PM for pdf

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• why should someone over 30 pay and not vice-versa - r u implying that if you are above 30 you can't be poor.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• How many is that in moose years?

• I think the copy in the original post, could have been done better.

All the tips, tricks in the world cannot beat good copy, especially from landing on a page.

If you have recommended reading, then you need to explain what is, and why it is worthwhile, in a succinct but informative way.

grep is your friend.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@peregrine Absolutely. 30 means that he has done all his/her education and now financially independent. An adult I mean.

@x00 Nothing equals content. Even the worst designed entity with horrible features is destined for success if content is good. For your other question, I didnt explain coz that already mentioned in Amazons reviews. Though the book is really old, but out of zillions of blog/forum articles I have read, it tells the best and authentic ways to built successfull communities. Having said that, I also wanted vanilla dev team to have a look at this book so their future strategies about developing the platform can get aligned.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited November 2012

@aery I know more than one person who is well over 30, and has never earned a cent. Age doesn't mean anything.

Besides, your logic has a flaw:
    - People above 30 - Please buy
    - People under 30 and not earning - PM for pdf

Does that mean that people who are exactly 30 should wait one more year? :P

• lol no those that are thirty forfeit this opportunity.

grep is your friend.

@businessdad shame on them.

You can be exact 30 for only a second/minute I guess :P Rest all falls in these two categories.

PS: I have chosen age criteria because its universal. I wonder on what other basis we can categorise independent(or dependent) minors( or adults)

• I'm exactly 30 for one year and i'm clinging onto that, anyone who's reached this milestone knows it's one you hold onto for as long as possible :P

• As useful as it was, I just can't believe an Internet book written in 2000 is a good investment now.

• I guess the basics are pretty much the same, though I was leafing through an old book of mine on Dreamweaver MX from 2004 not too long ago - amazing how things change so much!

@OnlyAnExcuse Thats an excuse.

@DirtyDog though examples and technology used in that book are very very and very old, but we cant deny the relevant psychology behind communities like gamification and other techniques.