Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Twitter Login Bug

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I have the Twitter authentication plugin working. Though I have a private board I'm setting up so I need it that anyone who signs up has to be approved.

With the facebook plugin I was able to get the user to go to "applicants", but with the twitter user they were immediately made a member. And could start posting.

Thoughts?

Answers

• @Ryanopaz. I discovered the same.
    I have a private board, and people who are signing up with their Twitter account, immediately become a member, even though I want to approve them first.
    I see there aren't any replies to your question, but have you found a solution for this yet?

• Ditto here. It seems that the only registration method that hits the applicant process is email registration. Facebook, Twitter, and Google are all able to create member accounts with no approval required. @ryanopaz, what did you do to get the FB plugin to work? @reevez, did you come up with a solution?

• Related to this, the invitation approach also appears to only work with email registration. I am new to Vanilla, but I assume they (approvals and invitations) were built before third-party authentication was added and haven't been updated to work with those methods.