Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MyProfile addon - auto-create profile for new members

Hi @x00, I've got a few requests for your MyProfile addon. Can you show me how to:

a) Automatically create a profile for a new member when they join. At the moment the profile page is blank until they edit their profile for the first time.

b) Refresh the page after making edits to the profile so the user can see the results of their changes.

I'm willing to sponsor these changes or code snippets.

Less important:

c) By default, populate non-'standard' fields with a generic value (like 'Not Given').

I'll consider sponsoring that too depending on price.

Regards,
Quiff

Tagged:

Comments

• x00 is unable to assist at the moment. Has anyone else implemented this addon and tackled issue (a)?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

I'd take a stab at it, but only if you suggest what you would be willing to pay with breakdown for completing a, b, c. Send me a pm.

As long as you understand that x00 is the master. and from what I understand from your message is that "unable to assist at the moment". I don't want to step on any toes here. So let me know x00 - if this would be a problem with you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• go right ahead.

grep is your friend.

• thx x00 - if I get the go ahead I will.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 50sQuiff50sQuiff ✭✭
    edited November 2012

I've figured out a solution to (a). Just change line 12 of view.php to this:

if ((!$MetaV) && ('standard' != $this->Data['MetaSpec'][$MetaI]['type'])) continue;

The solution to (c) becomes obvious at this point but I've decided not to implement it.

• Solved (b). It's all about setting $Sender->RedirectUrl before the Render()

• I've figured out a solution to (a). Just change line 12 of view.php to this:

if ((!$MetaV) && ('standard' != $this->Data['MetaSpec'][$MetaI]['type'])) continue;

Where can I find the view.php file to edit?

The solution to (c) becomes obvious at this point but I've decided not to implement it.

and how to change this?

Thank you

• It should be plugins/MyProfile/views/view.php