Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to sell general items?

NonnisiNonnisi New
edited December 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Im a little confused as to what there is for, is it just for selling invites and karma? Or is it possible to add more general items?

Comments

• Options

It works with product types, which do some action. There is no manual product type, or one that send you an email to so you can act.

Tangibles item often require strict stock keeping.

I won't be doing any work on this for the time being.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    NonnisiNonnisi New
    edited December 2012

Ah, so in theory, all I need to do is produce a false type plugin that does not really do anything. Since paypal sends you an email anyway that is not needed. The only thing would be, for items that need shipping, it would need to make sure paypal asked for an address.

Also as far as I know paypal can handle all stock keeping too, so really this just needs to be able to link into the correct buy now codes.

• Options

Paypal does not do true stock keeping, it has no idea of your stock levels. However if stock keeping is not really an issue, i.e, you are only selling a small number of items, and you don't mind the odd mishap, or can easily get more stock go for it.

You can look at some of the product type plugins for an example. I would pick the simplest one. Strip it down to the bare essentials.

Alternatively you could just embed standard paypal buttons somewhere, if you don't want to bother with the whole store. If want to sell set products individually with no variables, you can have a pre-encripted form. check it out on the paypal site.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

or grab a storefront application like zencart and link to it...

that's what i did, it's not integrated, i'd like for it to be, but im a bit lazy.

• Options

is it possible to add pictures and create a store front with this app?

You mention zencart how would i add that?

Thankyou

• Options

Products can have custom html including images in the description box.

You can actually copy any view in the views folder you theme's views/markeplace folder (the location may change in the next version but it will be simular).

Then you can change them. Just don't remove the store logic.

grep is your friend.