Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fantastic new theme

brujahbrujah
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Looks like Theme Forest has its 2nd Vanilla theme. Help support anyone creating premium themes for Vanilla Forums, and hopefully this section of the marketplace will grow.
http://themeforest.net/item/swiss-premium-vanilla-theme-4-colours/242547?ref=brujah

If you know of any others like this, please share links.
Tagged:

Comments

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I didn't even realize Themeforest has Vanilla themes! Those are really nice, keep em coming I will definitely buy from there when I need (I already purchase a lot of my Wordpress themes from there)
  • it looks nice but not perfect to deserve to be a premium theme.
  • Bought.
  • it looks nice but not perfect to deserve to be a premium theme.
    Interesting. I know the author can't set the price since the marketplace does in this example, but you expect a lot more for $11 you mean?
  • salumsalum New
    edited May 2011
    @ntuyelik comparing to themes out there I wouldn't say that mate

Thanks for sharing brujah!
  • Where can I find the Swiss Theme to buy?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

A theme can take at least a week to make and test , $11 is nothing compared to the work that goes into it. Then there is the support you get afterwards...even $100 dollar themes are not perfect because they all need to be adapted to the use given. One can charge over 800 dollars for a complete theme. One should learn how to make a theme if money is a problem. It is not that hard, just time consuming . :)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I'm not sure it is in the spirit of this community for someone trying to flog their own stuff to give their article the title
    'Fantastic New Theme'.

I'm also not sure why the community should be expected to

support anyone creating premium themes for Vanilla Forums.

I'm much more interested in supporting those trying to get to grips with Vanilla themselves.

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited December 2012

Guys, this discussion is more than 1.5 years old. The question that actually should be answered is:

Where can I find the Swiss Theme to buy?

• @HalfCat said:

Guys, this discussion is more than 1.5 years old

you read me mind. Stop the dredging please.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• lol, i got a copy of this it's not compatible with 2.1 :D

@halfcat

Isn't the question really

Why didn't altarips start a new thread?

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@whu606 said:
    I'm not sure it is in the spirit of this community for someone trying to flog their own stuff to give their article the title
    'Fantastic New Theme'.

I'm also not sure if the Community guidelines allow posting referral links.

• brujahbrujah
    edited December 2012

This is an old thread, and the comments keep pouring in even though that has already been pointed out. A few posts were removed, 422 originally complained but Tim (I believe) said that he didn't have a problem with it. It wasn't my theme. I did earn about $6 in referral commission and I put it toward buying a premium Vanilla theme by another member who contributed a few. Hope this puts the complainers concerns to rest and they can find something else to complain about.

Yes, you can follow that discussion here actually:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17734/new-premium-themes

@brujah

The new comments came about as someone necroposted, and some of us didn't notice.

As to 'complainers', we are members of the community the same as you, and entitled to our twopence worth, just as you 're entitled to moan about us moaning...

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

People can post referral links to their premium themes and people can (I guess) complain about it. @brujah seems like a cool person right now so we didn't have a problem with what he was doing. Of course some people could do the same thing and it might not be cool. It's like spam: you know it when you see it.

Be cool peeps.

• brujahbrujah
    edited December 2012

We should focus on merits that improve the community, good themes, good plugins, and less on petty issues like someone used a referral link, to something that was useful! Unfortunately, since that time there hasn't been much action with Vanilla on the Envato Marketplace, which has authors making millions of dollars in sales. It's a great way to promote Vanilla and positively affect the Vanilla community. I'd love to see Vanilla succeed, with more exposure, even if it means someone might make $6 to reinvest into the pockets of Vanilla authors.

Not much activity as you can see :(
    http://themeforest.net/category/forums/vanilla

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@brujah

• I never complained, I simply made a comment.
    • You might find out that I contribute quite a bit to Vanilla Community, and that I don't focus on petty issues.
    • If are allowed to find my comment a "complaint about a petty issue", then I'm more than entitled to find affiliate links annoying, even if they earned pennies to the poster.

Now I suggest we all go back on focusing on merits that improve the community.