HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Banned Users Permissions in Vanilla 2.0

Banned users are able to receive emails generated from discussions they have bookmarked in Vanilla 2.0.

Tagged:

Comments

• @Anonymoose
    Banned users are able to receive emails generated from discussions they have bookmarked in Vanilla 2.0.

I'll assume you stating this as fact.

so what's the beef, they are banned from posting, not from reading aren't they.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea they should still get emails taunting them and making them feel bad they can read but not post....it's part of the "banned purgatory"

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

On second thought after reading about "banned purgatory" - maybe @anonymouse has a good point. the profile notifications should be zeroed out if a user is banned.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    On second thought after reading about "banned purgatory" - maybe anonymouse has a good point. the profile notifications should be zeroed out if a user is banned.

It should be an option at least.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

In my opinion, I think users that get banned should have their entire history deleted even if it may affect the continuity .Once you delete their account entirely then no bookmarks or anything to connect the banned user to the community anymore. Total excommunication is the best... ;)

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited December 2012

I've seen this going on:

1. Some users are registering with emails that do not belong to them, which they can never confirm.

2. They subscribe to a bunch of threads.

3. They get banned.

4. The person who's email it is gets spammed with emails.