Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to add this banner.? plz help

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

@vrijvlinder said:

I think he was asking how you add the banner under the menu bar. Which your link wouldn't do.

• Options

@fubarp said: I think he was asking how you add the banner under the menu bar. Which your link wouldn't do.

? really, why would anyone want a banner under the menu bar, if he did wouldn't it have then been better to say "How to add this banner under the menu bar.? plz help"

if that was the case, then all he has to do is move the logo div under the menu div in the master.php

amazing how an incomplete question gets, guessed results....

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited December 2012

@vrijvlinder: To be fair, he posted a mock-up with arrows pointing to the banners he wants to add... Also your solution wouldn't work as he also uses a logo.

I am pretty sure you can do this with the pockets plugin.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    really, why would anyone want a banner under the menu bar

Because that is a pretty standard banner placement.

• Options

Because that is a pretty standard banner placement.

oh? I am unaware that is where it is placed. When I add a banner using the dashboard it puts it above the menu. Always. Maybe it depends on the theme.
    usually it is banner, then navigation ...Either way one can't know what he wanted exactly.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

It looks like he wants two things

1) banner under menu options and
    2) a panel added at the top left.

achieved a number of ways.

1) halfcat provided a good clue - pockets plugin
    2) or through themehooks
    3) or through custom plugins. - or look at whu606's plugin for the top right panel.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited December 2012

@DirtyDog Here is a screenshot of my new dash theme and the Banner upload form, notice it says appears above the menu

@peregrine said: It looks like he wants two things

not just two , according to his ["how to edit layout in vanillacore 2 css"]
    (http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22267/how-to-edit-layout-css-in-vanilla-core-2) he want's you make you give

• Options

I would like to use my own banner space but if I don't upload the banner then the title shows. thanx

• Options

@DavidShine

since your question is a totally different question - a new topic would have been better.

so remove the title with css display:none for the title or banner element or remove it from your theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Oh sorry , I will try that thanx for the response !

• Options

@DavidShine :

If you use display:none on the title, you may have an alignment problem which will move everything off. You are better off using visibility:hidden so as to conserve the space and alignment.
    Then you want to adjust the padding-top of the Head section to the right amount for the height of the banner you are going to use and add it to the #Head background in your custom.css I used a percentage in the padding as you can see to allow for different browsers rendering properly. Specially if the image will get larger with the page getting wider.

#Head {
    background:transparent;
    background-image: url(your image);
    background-position:0 top;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-size:100%;
    padding:30% 0px 6px;
    border: none;
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
    }

Hope that helps make it easier...

• Options
    edited December 2012

Thanx very much you people are great ! I wasn't sure about this application, I expected to be as complicated as other forums but it's not and that is very good news to me :)