Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Lack of moderation queue

Hi, I am new to Vanilla forums and I have a question: where can I get list of all recent messages in one place for easier moderation? Ideally the list will have the delete, flag, edit functions with a link to the author's profile, IP info, etc. My problem is that forums moderators do not have a moderation queue that will give them a quick overview of all recent comments. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Ok, let me rephrase the question: what do you guys use to moderate new comments? Maybe I am missing something.

• I found a plugin that will do the job for me (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/latestcomment-plugin), but unfortunately it's not working. Any other solutions?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

the question doesn't really make sense. the forum itself keeps track of whats new to you. so if someone posts a new item, and you go to the discussions page, boom, a little box tells you 1 new comment on this discussion.

thats how i moderate my forums.

• This is not very helpful for a busy forum that gets 100+ messages every day because you have to go through several discussion in order to see all new comments. I lot of time will be wasted in navigating back and forth. I would like to have one central, sortable queue where I can see all the latest comments in one place.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@nikonrumors

I guess it depends what kind of forum you have.

I'm an active member of our forum, so between me and the other mods, we read pretty much everything.

If you were prepared to sponsor a developer like @peregrine, you might be able to get them to fix latest-comment so it works.

• @nikonrumors said:
    I found a plugin that will do the job for me (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/latestcomment-plugin), but unfortunately it's not working. Any other solutions?

May I suggest that you explain what is not working? Error messages? Screenshots? We need a little bit more details if that's the plugin you want to use.

There was an error rendering this rich post.