Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How i can use Memcached with Vanilla forum ?

LaurLaur New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I search in forum for something like this but i don't find any answer to that.
Si, my question is:
How i can use Memcached with Vanilla forum ?

Best Answers

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓
  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@swook

Are you talking about hosted support?

Most of the time I find the support offered by the Vanilla community to be outstanding for a group of people putting in their own time to help out other users.

Vanilla Open Source

Free Download
    You Host It
    You Optimize It
    You Break It, You Fix It

It's not like they don't tell you in advance, is it?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited January 2013

Gotta stick with @whu606 on that one - calling the "support" provided by volunteers for an open source product appalingly bad is not a great way to make friends and an even worse way of setting a good mood. VF.org is a community of end users and not a place where the core devs can provide support.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• I appreciate the work and help available, I am just referring to this "Google search tip" which simply does not help. Being all authoritative does not tend to be helpful, and while I don't participate in the community, this isn't the first time I've noticed this.

It's easy to back developers by simply saying that this software is 'available for free' which is true, but it's also true that the open source front isn't merely a favour. It's for the good of both user and developer.

I also did make the mistake of thinking UnderDog as an employee/developer for Vanilla, which triggered the comment earlier. Sorry about that.

I apologise for offending anyone.

• UnderDog is just providing what he knows, don't be offended.

grep is your friend.