Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The VanillaPress2010 not working on mobile devices (iPhone)

Any idea how can I make the VanillaPress2010 work on a mobile device (iPhone)? Currently the default "blue" theme is being displayed. Thanks!

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2013

@nikonrumors

Do you mean the mobile version just displays the default Vanilla theme?

• Yes, that's correct - I only see the default blue theme on a mobile device. The VanillaPress2010 theme does work however on an iPad.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

you would have to specify that you do not wish to use a mobile theme

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Vanilla doesn't treat iPad as a mobile device.

There is a way to choose a mobile theme, by adding this into your conf/config.php file, but it may have disastrous, or slightly odd results!

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'nameoftheme';

so in this case

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'VanillaPress2010';

I don't use this particular theme, and if it is not mobile friendly you may get some odd results.

Use at your own risk/discretion.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can also use peregrine's mobile theme switcher plugin to choose or edit the mobile theme so it works with iPhone etc.

• @whu606 said:
    Vanilla doesn't treat iPad as a mobile device.

There is a way to choose a mobile theme, by adding this into your conf/config.php file, but it may have disastrous, or slightly odd results!

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'nameoftheme';

so in this case

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'VanillaPress2010';

I don't use this particular theme, and if it is not mobile friendly you may get some odd results.

Use at your own risk/discretion.

This actually worked, thanks!