Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pockets Plugin - ads appearing inside my dashboard too & overlapping buttons

Hi all, How are you? I am using the Pockets plugin for serving ads on my site. All is going well on my site but I noticed that the ads are also appearing along the side panel in my admin dashboard. Due to this, I am unable to make/save changes within my dashboard as the ads are overlapping the content and buttons. I need to make an urgent changes to my settings but with this strange error, I cannot do it. I have a screenshot of the error attached. Can you please help me at the earliest? Thank you so much.

Tagged:

Comments

• what i have done is changed the settings from ads appearing from "ALL" which includes DASHBOARD to "DISCUSSIONS". This has done the job. But I had actually wanted the ads to appear everywhere except the dashboard. But the plugin setup lets you choose only one : ( If any tips from anyone, that would be much appreciated.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I noticed that too, Try out apt ads and see if the same happens or works better for your purpose.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/aptads-plugin

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

"It's not a bug, it's a feature." ... No unfortunately Pockets does also do this for modules placed in the footer. They also appear in the Dashboard Footer.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can remove from the dashboard the content from the pockets using html and css.

Just put the content into a < div > and give it a class like < div class="image1" >
    when you add this to the pocket .
    then you can make it not display in the dashboard by adding this to the custom.css

body.Dashboard div.image1{
    display:none!important;
    }