Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

{asset name='Head'}

Okram92Okram92 New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, in my template appears in the string: {asset name = 'Head'} nel file default.master del mio template.
I know how to say where it is located so you can change.

thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You should add/remove stuff from assets such as the head programmatically rather than directly editing the core. You can do so using either plugins, applications or themes. What are trying to achieve?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• In a nutshell I should change by adding and removing references for CSS, and those already present are there.

I find the file default.master.tpl, and the initial code like this:

<! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "- / / W3C / / DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict / / EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

{asset name = 'Head'}

</ head>

I need to find the original file to edit it, where is it?

• In a nutshell I should change by adding and removing references for CSS, and those already present are there.

<! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "- / / W3C / / DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict / / EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

{asset name = 'Head'}

</ head>

{asset name = 'Head'}

</ head>

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Wow. There us an echo in here.

Like I mentioned, NEVER edit any of the core files unless it's with the intend of sending a pull request. If you could tell which CSS references you'd like to add/remove, we'll be able to tell you how to do so without editing the core. Adding and removing scripts and stylesheets is pretty easy and you don't have to edit any core files to do it.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

As @kasperisager says, you are asking the wrong question.

The majority of changes in Vanilla can be made through a custom.css file, or a custom defaultmaster.tpl file.

See here for an overview: Themes

If you give a specific example of what you want to do, someone on here will be able to show you how to achieve that.

• Hi, I did not understand what you need.

I downloaded the template bootstrap (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/bootstrap-theme) and in the HEAD portion of defaultmaster unfortunately no strings appear as the title, description, and especially the references to the stylesheet, are within of this: {asset name = 'Head'}.

I now like I said, I need to add and remove some references to css and I need then for strength to act in that file, it is all there.

Where is it?

edited January 2013

I feel like we're not really getting through to you... You'll have to understand that directly editing the core (such as the Head asset) is a bad idea. You should alter this asset programmatically instead using PHP. So here are my questions: Are you trying to change the CSS itself (as in wanting to alter how your forum looks) or are you trying to add/remove CSS files?

@Okram92

I'm going to reply once more, and then leave you if you don't take in what I write.

If you are using the bootstrap theme, you need to go in to the themes folder in Vanilla and find the Bootstrap folder.

In there will be a folder called design, and in there a custom.css file. That is what you edit to affect the css for the Bootstrap theme.

I can't be any more help unless you give a specific example of what you are trying to do.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@whu606 I think that the issue here is the language barrier, more than technical understanding.

@businessdad

That's certainly possible, but then, for me, the OP needs to make that explicit.

People on here have tried to help, but the OP has not taken any notice of the advice given.

• Okram92Okram92 New
    edited January 2013

Hi, I'm Italian and I'm using the translator, if it is a problem it seems ... I will ask for help from me, of course I do not want to bother.

Apart from everything, I repeat what I need, I have to delete the reference style of the css:

custom.css

I have to delete, and I hope now that I said, you can do it? thanks

• I also want to point out, use the template bootstrap, which in custom.css use @ import url ('css / main.min.css'), which in turn uses more @ import, and this slows down the loading of pages .

For this reason, I need to identify the content of {asset name = 'Head'}.

thanks

edited January 2013

@Okram92

Mi scusa, sono tant' anni che non ho parlato o scritto Italiano.

Non c'e un problema colle domande.

II problema viene quando non capisce o non seguire le suggestione.

Se vuole scrivere nel Italiano provero da rispondere.

Non deve cancelleare niente.

Deve aggiungere regole nel custom.css che trove nella cartella Bootsrap/design/

Cos'e che vuole fare?

E molto piu semplice se puo dare un esempio precisio.

Saluti.

• A differenza degli altri temi che nel custom.css contengono tutto il css, mentre, il template bootstrap nel custom.css contiene unicamente il richiamo che porta a main.min.css che a sua volta ha altri @import.

Io per ridurre il caricamento delle pagine, voglio evitare alcuni @import inutili, come quello di custom.css.

Vorrei semplicemente che il contenuto di main.min.css fosse direttamente su custom.css

E' un po difficile da spiegare, per questo vorrei solamente capire dove trovare l'header, in modo da fare tutto da me.

Grazie

edited January 2013

@Okram92

Forse sarebbe meglio di creare un tema basato sullo Bootstrap?

Sono siguro che @kasperisager ha fatto il suo tema per essere ottimizzato.

Penso che no sara problemi col caricamento.

• Purtroppo è cosi, gli @import riducono il caricamento, ci sono tante guide nel web.
    Sarebbe molto meglio inserire la stringa

Comunque, potresti dirmi dove trovare l'header o quale sia il suo nome del contenuto che richiama {asset name = 'Head'}?

Grazie

Cos'e che vuole fare nel 'Head'?

Se vuole aggiungere qualcosa, puo farlo nel default.master.tpl

Non esiste un solo scheda (file) per lo asset 'Head' ; deve aggiungere le cose nel default.master.tpl

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Okram92 Non sarebbe più semplice rimuovere i vari @import dal file custom.css, ad aggiungere i richiami ai vari CSS in un tema derivato da BootStrap?