HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Has Mark left Vanilla?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Mark O'Sullivan is the co-founder of Vanilla. I could not spot him now in the leadership team.

I know its off topic and anything to do with vanilla development, but just interested to know.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I have discovered via Facebook that Mark has moved on to Twitter. He is working for them since 2012.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Also wondered now for a while, years ago Mark was active in his community. :/

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • He is entitled to some privacy.

grep is your friend.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited January 2013

Where your work isn't exactly something that falls under the term privacy, especially if you go ahead and run a blog post about it.

It is relevant to the Vanilla community who is working on the project, so it is strange that this topic is in the off-topic section.

• When someone creates a discussion he can decide in which category he posts. As long as someone like @Lincoln or @Todd doesn't join this discussion / move the discussion, I won't touch the category.

It doesn't matter anyway since we're all looking at new discussions trough the /discussions link.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

But it is not his work that is the point. Last time I checked Vanilla is inc/ltd. not plc. He is entitled to disappear if he wants to.

It is public knowledge that he is now in California. The rest is not public knowledge and remains private knowledge. That is how it works, what is in the public domain is public, what is private is private. He doesn't have to give you a response at all.

grep is your friend.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Absolutely.

As far as I know Vanilla (Lussumo) was developed by Mark. Therefore it makes him Vanilla founder.

Now, the environment is completely changed and the .inc also have CEO. Vanilla have become professional.

Since, we all here reply on open source development from a professional profit seeking company, aren't we entitled some information?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Mark is no longer employed directly at Vanilla, but he is still on our board and involved. Mark and I are both co-founders of Vanilla and I am still very much with the company.

2012 was an amazing year for Vanilla and 2013 is looking to be much better than that.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

@aery said:
    Absolutely.

As far as I know Vanilla (Lussumo) was developed by Mark. Therefore it makes him Vanilla founder.

Now, the environment is completely changed and the .inc also have CEO. Vanilla have become professional.

Since, we all here reply on open source development from a professional profit seeking company, aren't we entitled some information?

I don't quite understand your point, first the licence of the software, and the profitability doesn't really have anything to do with it.

You aren't really "entitled" to anything other then what you can gleam from company house (or equivalent), which you can do quite easily, as they are not "off-shore".

Of course if they are happy to give you the information, then fine.

grep is your friend.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited January 2013

@x00 said:
    It is public knowledge that he is now in California. The rest is not public knowledge and remains private knowledge.

Someone asked a simple question if he's no longer working for/on Vanilla, and you come out insinuating that there's some "big story" we shouldn't be asking about. Whatever.

• What drama? aery had already answered the question by this point.

I said he is entitled to privacy, If he wants it. He didn't make an announcement on this forum, nor does he owe anyone that.

I'm not really sure what significance of this, as even before he left it was a while back he was contributing regularly to the core, other than some select things. I can only gleam from that he was working more on their other side of the business, which is the more private side if you like, but I can only speculate.

The only thing that matters is that development is ongoing, and you can track that pretty well.

Of course is it sad to see him go, as I remember the v1 community, However this is a very different community to the v1 community. There is only a select few members still here. But the community now is much bigger and stronger.

People go through different circumstances.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I am not really bothered what @mark is upto and where he is, as long as he is healthy and happy.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yea , and thanks for his contributions that go on... :)