Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

CSS issues with Vanilla 2.0.18 default Theme

2»

Comments

• Would the Voting plugin become obsolete once the 'badges & reactions' plugin comes out?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I did not know it was.

• 422422 Developer MVP

@UnderDog said:
    Would the Voting plugin become obsolete once the 'badges & reactions' plugin comes out?

LOL that threw Fuel on the fire ! :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Would the Voting plugin become obsolete?

I kind of think it already is, if you compare to the facebook like button or google +1. The thing with these things is that in order for people to care it has to be tied to a social network. If the forum has thousands of users , chances are that they are also part of some other social network and by extension like to share what they like. So if they vote on something it has to matter to the rest of their network.

If the voting plugin had some kind of interactivity between the forum and the social site, then it would gain a real purpose imo, or at least a more focused purpose. As it stands it is a fun plugin to have. Just needs some work to make it work....

• I apologize for attempting to reopen this discussion, as this voting plugin is a pain in my a#@ right now, but I believe this is THE FINAL THING I need to bother you guys with...all annoying questions aside...

I've taken steps recommended in posts across this site, including creating a voting.css file within my theme as well as replacing code with Kasper's suggestion in another post:

ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes { position: static; /* Reset the position attribute to default */ float: left; margin-right: 15px; /* Just to add some distance to the post meta */ }

All to no avail with the Danca theme I'm using. Plugin works perfectly with Vanilla Default theme and Vanilla Embed-Friendly theme, not Danca for some reason. I've attached screenshots showing the difference.

imageimageimageimage

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited March 2013

FIGURED IT OUT!

All that needed to be done was change ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes { display:none; } under /* Voting plugin */ on my custom.css to display:block

Had no idea this header was here until just now.

UGH...thank you guys...sorry for the waste of space I seem to be accustomed to.