Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

change sign out url

MisterZMisterZ New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm a complete noob and trying to learn the principle of vanilla integration with drupal (using jsconnect+jsconnect auto sign, I want to change the log out url to the main web site path, otherwise the user cannot really log out from the vanilla forum and that button is useless.
can anyone give me a hint about where and what shold I edit?
(I have fair knoledge with css and html but non with php)

Answers

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I will be working on a small plugin that allows to replace the Logout URL with another one. The idea is that, by clicking on it, the User would go to the logout URL of the master website which, ideally, should redirect to the logout on Vanilla. This way, both sites would perform their own logout process independently.

• Hi @businessdad, did you ever implement this Logout plugin? Am also trying to implement 'Single Sign-out'....

@feucht22 said:
    Hi businessdad, did you ever implement this Logout plugin? Am also trying to implement 'Single Sign-out'....

At the end, I didn't. I got tasks with higher priority, and I adopted a less orthodox, but still working, solution: I simply modified the theme, and replaced the rendering of the Sign Out link with the the one I wanted to use.

In my case, the signout is performed as follows:

• Redirect User to signout URL on master site.
    • Master site signs out the User, and redirects back to signout URL on Vanilla.
    • Vanilla signs out the User, who doesn't get logged back in by the AutoJsConnect, since the session on master website has been closed.

Not extremely elegant, but it works, and it takes five minutes to implement.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@businessdad Do you remember what happens inside of Vanilla when a user actually signs out?

@GaryFunk said:
    businessdad Do you remember what happens inside of Vanilla when a user actually signs out?

Not really, why? In my case, it is fairly unimportant, as the Vanilla logout process is called normally. Whatever it should do, it does it as if the User clicked on the standard logout link.

I asked because I took a short cut and just deleted the cookie, which to the user, looks like they signed out.

edited January 2013

I would not recommend that way, for I'm quite sure that the signout process fires some events. By skipping the process entirely, handlers for those events would not be called.

That's why I asked.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question and provided an unclear answer. Let me clarify it: I don't know exactly what Vanilla does when a User logs out, but I do know that some events are fired (I seem to remember a "signout" event, somewhere.
    Even if Vanilla did absolutely nothing, apart from removing a cookie, a plugin that implemented a Signout_Handler() would not get called, if you bypass the mechanism completely.