HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I need CSS help. Please.

GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Maybe I have never done this before, I can't remember and really can't figure it out.

http://rk7.com/discussion/610/oc-weekly

I want TWO equal length columns. Left and right, each is to be full length and a different color.

Thanks.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited January 2013

With "length", do you mean "height"?
    Edit: scratch the above, it's obviously same height.

There are several ways to achieve it. You can have a look at these two sites, which provide solutions with a very clear explanation:

Hope it helps. :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

Back in office in few mins, will have a looksy

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2013

Easiest way ( because for some reason ROW ( in Vanilla isnt defined height ) just do this:

#Body {background-color: #DDDDDD !Important;}

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭
    edited January 2013

Thanks guys. Looks like the easy was is to do an image. Should be able to do this easy in CSS, but W3C just does not think like we do.

If any of the designers want to offer suggestions on anything from color to fonts to layout, please feel free to do so. I know it's ugly, but at least, it's a start.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Should be able to do this easy in CSS, but W3C just does not think like we do.

...not yet at least, but the answer to your prayers is the CSS3 box model, which allows for equal height columns and other funky stuff: http://compass-style.org/examples/compass/css3/box/

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub