Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I don't know admin email or password for vanilla import

I am not sure what the info is to enter into the field below this message when you import

"Enter the email and password of the admin user from the data being imported."

Is there any manual workaround I can do. I'm exporting from Vbulletin 3./4.. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Enter the email and password of the admin user from the data being imported.

You must enter the info from the place you are exporting from so as to give access to the stuff to be imported. Otherwise it is locked. You must have authorization to export from that place. If you don't have one then create one for the Vbulletin.

• Who is this user though? Is it just anyone who is an admin? Is it the DB username and PW? I'm a bit confused about what specific profile to use. And as you mentioned if I create one from scratch what permissions does it need?

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@chipmaga said:
    Who is this user though?

I reckon it might refer to the "Super Admin", usually the first Administrator created when you install the forum. That's usually the "Admin of all Admins", with access to everything.

Anyone who has the password and admin-user-name to the installation of Vbulletin.
    Make a backup of the stuff you want export. Then follow the directions to import. I think it means admin of the forum, but it could also be the password and username of the access to where it is hosted. I think you should try the first one . If it says no access then it is the second one.