Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

anyone got a dirty fix or update for vanilla 2.1 for this plugin?

i'm creating now a theme for vanilla 2.1, im just curious if someone knows how to fix this since the online users is 0, anyone got a quickfix ?? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

is the JS getting loaded? is the controller being contacted? is the data table being updated? start there.

FWIW, 2.1 represents enough change that many, many plugins will require some form of rewrite. usually the changes are minor. but minor and trivial are different things. I tried upgrading my site to 2.1 and found most of the functions that help define my forum no longer worked.

so im staying on 2.0.18 for a good long while.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I made a test with WhosOnline and Vanilla 2.1b, the result is a bit odd. It apparently reports the right information regarding Online Users, but the widget that should display it appears very briefly on the page, and then disappears.

I didn't investigate in detail, but I agree that the plugin has to be reviewed to become fully compatible with 2.1.

• @businessdad same exact behavior on 2.1.

• @hydn i figured out the issue long ago, just open default.php and change these:

public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender) {
    to
    public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) {

incase you find some string like this &$Sender change it to &$Sender if you're using Vanilla 2.1

and.. no side effects :)

• thx. can you repost in code tags?

• i'll just attached a fixed version here @hydn

replace the existing default.php on your WhosOnline folder

you'll see that &$Sender variables before are now $Sender

• attached