Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I change Button Bar from html to bbcode?

How do I change Button Bar from html to bbcode? I really need to use that for my userbase.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Add

$Configuration['Garden]'['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';

To your config.php

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks!
    BBCode seems to work now but the buttons still produce html and it's still telling my members that they should use html. How do I make it like it is here with markdown but with bbcode?

• It works now, thanks!

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Pardon me for bumping this thread.. but how did you manage to make it work, @medelsvensson?

I've edited config.php already, but the plugin still produces html and is telling people to use simple html.

Well this is strange.. it only works when I create new threads, but for existing topics it goes back to simple html. What could be causing this..?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@Zhaan said:
    Well this is strange.. it only works when I create new threads, but for existing topics it goes back to simple html. What could be causing this..?

Existing discussions keep their formatting type per design.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Ah, I see. Is there nothing I can do about that?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

I don't think so but I could easily be wrong :-)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Well, thanks anyway! I suppose we could just create new versions of existing megathreads.