Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

comments embed code

i had a problem with my WordPress theme... i am using vanilla comments and it shows comments in every browser except firefox (problem is only if i use specific wp theme)
so using firefox developer tools i found what i have to change
in this code
<iframe id="vanilla76379" name="vanilla76379" src="http://localhost/w1/forum/index.php?p=/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0&amp;vanilla_identifier=1&amp;vanilla_type=page&amp;vanilla_name=&amp;vanilla_url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fw1%2Fhello-world%2F&amp;vanilla_body=&amp;vanilla_category_id=1" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="100%" style="width: 100%; height: 600px; border: 0px; display: block;"></iframe>
i deleted display: block; and then it worked great...
...you know when i reload the page it is back

and the problem is i dont know which file i have to edit to change source code... i am not a real programmer ...

i hope you understand my problem ... english is not my native language
thanks

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please give us a link to the problem. It helps faster and is more efficient than guessing :)

• Options

http://www.eros.mablog.eu/?p=9
    dont look at the content it is just test website with PLR articles...
    try to open it with Firefox , comments do not embed right way.

• Options
    edited February 2013

we don't care about the content don't worry , it takes a long time to load the comments and even have to refresh several times.... I used Safari and they did load, but Firefox needs more . Could be that you need to adjust the height of that content box.

You need to get familiar with css. It is not hard at all. This code below, put in the custom.css for your ** wp** theme. If it is the style.css from the default, create a new file and call it custom.css and put any changes there. This code will make the height of the container for the comments higher so they fit.

#content_box {
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    }

Do you have actual comments posted? I did not see any....

• Options
    marek747marek747 New
    edited February 2013

i tried to create custom.css with that text end put it in the folder where style.css is but nothing happened.
    But i found a solution already. I deleted 198 line vanillaIframe.style.display = "block"; in forum/js/embed.js according to what i said in first post. but i absolutely dont understand why ... do you understand it? is it safe or not?

btw im working on localhost so i have not make changes on website that i mentioned

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@marek747

Making changes to the core is really not the right thing to do.

Follow the instructions in the link I posted on your other question to create a custom theme folder.

Then, in the design folder, put your custom.css file.

• Options

i found another way to do it is edited wp theme style.css - i edited this part iframe { max-width: 100%; display: inline;}
    to this iframe { max-width: 100%;display: inline;float: left;}
    i seems like the right way, doesnt it ?

• Options

yes that is where you need to edit. The space where you embedded is controlled by the wp theme, as I stated above.

• Options

thank you @vrijvlinder