Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Postloop broken. Anything looks off with this attached file?

hydnhydn New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Recieved this message from Postloop:

"Your forum has been removed from our listings because it is not reporting new threads correctly. Our writers are only receiving credit for replies and not threads in your forum.

This will need to be resolved before your forum can be re-listed. I cannot help with this particular issue and would recommend contacting Vanilla for support. I do know that Vanilla keeps different counts of "Discussions" vs. "Comments" for each user. Our Postloop tracking file checks both of these numbers, however your Discussions counts are not updating.

Regards,
Ryan Royal"

I've attached the PHP file...

Comments

• Any coders spot the issue?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

since when was postloop.php a core file? you need to ask the author for support, if they are offering.

this is force loading boostrap, to get use of the query builder. They could either make the script more light weight, or make it more integral to the framework like a plugin.

As to if the comment count or discussion count are updating, you can check that in the database.

grep is your friend.

• hydnhydn New
    edited February 2013

Yup, I was told to get support from VF ha. I thought the same thing about where support should lay, esp since its a paid service. Thanks for confirming. I was kicked off of their service as if somehow I'm responsible for the code. Anyway I requested a refund but was given a partial refund where I still lose on some of the unused points and highlight-feature days. I'll still forward to developer, maybe your comments will be helpful.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

the question is can you see post counts and are they updating in the forums as far as you can see.

You should be able to see a number next to Comments or Discussions in profile. If that is updating to posts, then it is working,

grep is your friend.

• hydnhydn New
    edited February 2013

Only comments count. Discussions show no numbers. But if you click on the "Discussions" like it links to the Discussions started by the user.

How would one trouble shoot Discussions counts not working?