Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Compatible File Extensions

Hello,

I have a user that is trying to upload an SPSS file and is having difficulty. The system says that the file type is not allowed. I have no experience with SPSS, but the extension on his file was *.sav. I am researching whether or not he can save as a different file type with SPSS, but I was wondering if there was a way to tweak the file type permissions and whether that would be in the plugin coding or in garden. Thanks!

-Daniel
p.s. My temporary solution is to just have the user zip the file, but it would be nice if he didn't have to mess with that.

Tagged:

Comments

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

In practice, the file should be zipped. It makes for smaller files much of the time and it adds a layer to insure that the file uploaded and downloaded correctly.

• Okay, thanks GaryFunk. I guess I will just work on teaching my users the complexities of zipping and unzipping ;)

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@dcrickmore zipping files is so basic, if they can click on a mouse, they can zip files.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

You can add the file type in the config.php the only thing is that the files should be small enough to be uploaded without zipping.

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('txt', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'zip', 'gz', 'tar.gz', 'tgz', 'psd', 'ai', 'fla', 'swf', 'pdf', 'doc', 'xls', 'ppt', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'log', 'rar', '7z', 'mp3', 'wav', 'aiff', 'mov', 'cur','ssps');
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '64M';

• Vrijvlinder, thank you very much! That's exactly what I was looking for. I've made the necessary changes and it is working. I've modified the upload size already, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for being so helpful.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    You can add the file type in the config.php the only thing is that the files should be small enough to be uploaded without zipping.

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('txt', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'zip', 'gz', 'tar.gz', 'tgz', 'psd', 'ai', 'fla', 'swf', 'pdf', 'doc', 'xls', 'ppt', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'log', 'rar', '7z', 'mp3', 'wav', 'aiff', 'mov', 'cur','ssps');
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '64M';

the site got "Bonk" with these code added...
    anything i missed ?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

where did you add them? make sure you placed them in the right place and you are not missing any comas etc
    can't quite guess what you did wrong...you would need to post a screen of you config file with the private stuff removed.

• debug with "$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';",
    and it's mysql problem from hosting...