Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Display all likes on user profile view possible?

JoneJone New
edited February 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is it possible to display all likes one user gets from different topics under his profile view? Like Total like

Thanks,

Comments

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

it's quite possible to do. it's obviously not something in the current plugin. but all of the data is being tracked, so the count could be calculated and displayed if you modify the plugin.

• I'm not a PHP dev. So, i'm going to raise this as feature request for this plugin developer.

• Oh it's you! @hbf :) u r the plugin developer. Can you add that feature please?... Thanks,

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I'll add to my list of things I might do, someday. maybe.

Free dev work for features I don't really want very badly usually doesn't happen.

I wrote the plugin because I really wanted that function on my forum. I published it free because the work was done and I'm happy to share. Beyond that I don't really take feature requests unless you are able to inspire me.

• JoneJone New
    edited February 2013

@hbf lol, how can i inspire you? paying you for that, i can't. i can't afford developers at the age of 18 :) i have no income ;)

oh! i have another question, is it possible to allow guests to like topic/comment? this one also will be awesome feature, if it's possible.

Thanks,

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

i can't afford developers at the age of 18 :) i have no income ;)

when I was 18 I was living on my own , had a job and was going to college. Maybe you can ask your parents to chip in ?
    or better yet, take an online course about php and css then you can charge other people for your services ! :)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I won't get into the whole, "when i was 18" thing. suffice to say, IMHO if you're old enough to be running a forum you're old enough to understand how the world works.

That said, inspiration comes when you can give me a clear understanding how making this change to my software will make my forum more popular / profitable. Otherwise, it's just not in the cards.

If you would like to take a crack at modifying my code, you are more than welcome to do so. Open the hood, poke around, ask questions here on the forum if you're unsure of what something does or why I approached it the way I did, and I'll do my best to answer you. That's the best I can offer at this time.