Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Page Not Found" on root domain

I set up Vanilla on domain.com/members/, however I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error message when I visit /members/ via the "Visit site" link in the top left of the dashboard, even though I set up the URL to /members/ in the settings.

I can access the forum however, if I enter any characters after /members/

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited February 2013

@kraiya remove the slashes, see if that works also make sure that the /member/ url is already setup in the routes

• Thanks for the response.

Even if I remove the slash, and I have checked the setup is correct, it still comes up with a "page not found". However if I enter a 1 i.e /members/1 after the URL, the forum shows up.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

what server rules are you using? .htaccess

it can be a question of how it is routed

for instance ^forum(/.+)$ will match /forum/1 and not /forum .But reasonably might assume that you use index.php as an index, if not then /forum would not go to /forum/index.php

You would have to change the original pattern to ^forum(/.*)?$ that is basically saying match/.* but it is optional so still rewrite if not there.

You could also try adding DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm to the top of your .htaccess file.

grep is your friend.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

try putting http:// in front of it