Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is it possible to remove all thumbnail at bottom, after uploading pictures

is it possible to remove all thumbnail at bottom, after uploading pictures,
it's all duplication anyway.

Tagged:

Comments

• i mean to showing the post without thumbnail...

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

After inserting the image right? yes through the css :

.FilePreview a{
    display: none;
    }

but this may also hide it from the upload preview...let me test....Yea that works ! it only hides the linked thumbnail on the post

• it works...quick and easy.
    tried to find a solution in complex way, instead of css...
    thanks much

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Just remember that you won't be able to see other file types thumbnail either. Like if they upload a zip or a music file the link to them won't show either. Maybe what you want is for the links to open in a new page so people won't have to go back.

put this code in the< div id="Foot" > section of your theme's default.master.php , if you use tpl (smarty), add { literal } script{ /literal } . You can use this for any links you want to open in a new window. just add them. Remove the spaces I added between < > so it would show here but you remove the spaces or it won't work..

< script type="text/javascript" > $(document).ready(function() {
       $(".Attachment a").attr("target", '_blank');
    });
    < /script >

• works again !

some off topic, but annoying : uploading can not be cancelled halfway

• TudorTudor
    edited December 2013

I have the same issue with images being displayed twice if they are inserted into the message. The display:none trick mentioned above does not prevent browsers from downloading the image thumbnails, even though they are not being displayed.

Ideally the File Upload plugin should not add thumbnails at the bottom, if the image has been inserted into the message. Is this possible? I guess this plugin needs a major update and should be integrated more closely with a good editor.

• @Tudor said:

I have the same issue with images being displayed twice if they are inserted into the message. The display:none trick mentioned above does not prevent browsers from downloading the image thumbnails, even though they are not being displayed.

Ideally the File Upload plugin should not add thumbnails at the bottom, if the image has been inserted into the message. Is this possible? I guess this plugin needs a major update and should be integrated more closely with a good editor.

Everyone has their own preference.
    Ideally the user should not insert image, in my opinion. if someone wants to see it they can click on thumbnail. much faster for discussion thread display purposes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

kind of a reverse effect ..
    you could also try using the image upload plugin as well. and removing the insert image in the file upload plugin.

look in

remove from FileUpload/views/attach_file.php

</div>
                          <span class="FileOptions"></span>
                          <a class="InsertImage Hidden"><?php echo T('Insert Image'); ?></a>
                       </div>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.