Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Automated weekly summary email.

dtp56dtp56
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to have an automated email sent to the users of the forum with a weekly summary of activity in the forum? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for your answer, by sponsoring do you mean donating money? If so and we could get people interested sure thing, I'm happy to give back to Vanilla, love it, thanks.

• hi,
    actually, it would be great if such an addon exist.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I agree, it would be a useful plugin.

To get started, I think it would be necessary to define what the summary should contain. A list of new discussions would not be so difficult to implement, but adding comments, reactions & co would make the summary a "not-so-summary". :)

• A list of new discussions would be ok.
    The lasts comments of the week for every discussion you follow would be great.
    The lasts comments of the week for every discussion of the categories you follow would be more than great.
    (The possibility to set the frequency of the sum up would be correct)
    Whatever, since it helps distracted people to check the forum from time to time. I know RSS does exist, but some users don't...

• yguerdatyguerdat Delémont New
    edited August 2019

Hello,

Does anyone develop this module ? I'm really interested to use it as well :-)

I love the one produced by Cloudflare. Bellow a few print screens. Is anyone interested to develop it ? I can finance it :-)

Thanks for your feedback and wishing you a wonderful day

• yguerdatyguerdat Delémont New

I don't mention it, but I'm looking for this plugin in the version 3.x :-)