Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing color

SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

On my website, dragonx If you go over discussions it has a bright blue color. The menu is a Plugin, and in the CSS files and all the files I changed the color but i doesn't change. What bothers me is that Firebug shows the color as Crossed out like this _#COLOR_ Which is very hard for me to get.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

First off , its difficult to assist without a screenpic and also that you are using minify.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

You are using minify, don't it interferes with editing . You don't need it. You need to disable minify. lol I guess we posted at the same time the same thing... I really hate those minifiers !

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

Ok I just Disabled it.

Also thank you for the quick reply.

@422 said:
    First off , its difficult to assist without a screenpic and also that you are using minify.

I diabled Minify

in the categories to menu css add the color you want, that changes the dropdown background color.

ul#Menu li ul {
    position: absolute;
    visibility: hidden;
    background: red;
    }

@vrijvlinder said:
    in the categories to menu css add the color you want, that changes the dropdown background color.

ul#Menu li ul {
    position: absolute;
    visibility: hidden;
    background: red;
    }

Thank you very much! Did the trick.

edited February 2013

This is the ending code.

ul#Menu li ul { position: absolute; visibility: hidden; background: #3B5998; }

• 422422 Developer MVP

why are you using visibility:hidden ? that's quite old hat code.

use:display:none and display:block respectively.

further information: here

@422 said:
    why are you using visibility:hidden ? that's quite old hat code.

use:display:none and display:block respectively.

further information: here

There is no problem using the code. As long as it works

• 422422 Developer MVP

I disagree, but will leave you to it. Getting into a practice with particular rules, can lead to issues. But your call :)

@422 said:
    I disagree, but will leave you to it. Getting into a practice with particular rules, can lead to issues. But your call :)

Its true, But sometimes a person doesn't mind. But I did automatically put like you said. Because I know how to write JS, and HTML but this Vanilla forums is something new. @422

• 422422 Developer MVP

Has nothing to do with vanilla, it is basic css. Perhaps I am seeing something different, my argument is not with your code. Moreover the use of visibility:hidden; as a css rule, its very old fashioned and not used greatly in css for the last few years.
    Furthermore, I wasnt quite sure why it was there in the first place, unless you have a sub-menu that appears for categories, then it would make sense.

Anyhoo, it works for you which is great.

edited February 2013

unless you have a sub-menu that appears for categories, then it would make sense.

That is the code for the categories to menu drop down plugin. It is in the original code and it is because a sub menu appears for categories. It just does not have many style options in the css :)

:) Thanks again