Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect SSO

From my main website, I want to authenticate the signed in user to vanilla forum, which is embedded to the website. I am able to generate the json array from WriteJsConnect method. I am stuck at this point to proceed further. Please guide me as to how this json array can be used for the login request to vanilla forum so that user automatically log into the system.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I have reached upto this point to generate jsonp data
    test({"email":"test@test.com","name":"testuser","photourl":"","uniqueid":1234,"client_id":"12345678","signature":"XXXX"})
    I specified the page that results the above jsonp data in jsconnect. After this, I can see from firefox httpwatch that jsconnect is actually making a request with the authentication url. Still no luck, it is not yet sign in. I guess it's a problem with my jsopn information.

• Options

Later today I made some progress. I am getting the username displayed, but when trying to Sign in, a popup comes saying "Connecting..." and stays there forever. I am trying to figure out what is stopping Vanilla from being connected.

• Options

Please detail how you made progress for the rest of us -- thank you :)

I dont think you can do Embedded SSO with writeJsConnect, its an entirely different procedure. http://vanillaforums.com/blog/jsconnect-technical-documentation-for-embedded-sso/

• Options
    edited February 2013

writeJsConnect produces JSON that is required by the authorization URL that needs to be mentioned inside jsconnect admin. It parses this JSON to display the name which I am getting displayed as username. Apart from that the status is not changed to a login account. At this point, I believe that I provided the correct information to the authorization URL that checks everything and let the username displayed. I am confused why it's not let the user signed in although it shows the username displayed.

I also implemented JSAutoconnect which shows "connecting...." but nothing happens.