Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Get signed out constantly

I sign in using my gmail account. Sometimes a move in the menu works okay, but most of the times any move in the menu causes an immediate sign out.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

sounds like authentication is dropping out. I dont use gmail sign in so hopefully someone can assist. Make sure you are only signed in and have email open for the one account

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• What do you mean with 'you are only signed in' and 'have email open for the one account''?

• 422422 Developer MVP

if you have email open for gmail, signed in to that as dave@gmail.com and also log in to vanilla with say bob@gmail.com you could find an issue. Its the same for gmail and youtube.

• 422422 Developer MVP

also what does a 'move in the menu' mean ?

• A 'move in the menu' is my wording for any choice. For example, choosing a discussion or the inbox.

I indeed use several gmail accounts on my laptop. That might be a problem. But I now also start to doubt whether or not I completely finished the upgrade from 1.1.5a to version 2 of Vanilla. I did that some weeks ago and had to do many things by hand, rather then by an automated process.

• I get the impression that the fault is in Vanilla. When choosing the google button I get signed in immediately (picture 1). When choosing the signin button it works some of the times and it fails most times (pictures 2 and 3). If it fails it displays the signin form (picture 4).

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2013

As @422 says, it can be caused by having 2 instances of Vanilla open in your browser at the same time, so perhaps having a Vanilla and GMail account both logged in at the same time can also cause the problem.

Make sure you have closed down or logged out of any GMail account, and only have one instance of Vanilla open.

If the situation recurs after that, then I would suggest reporting it as an issue on Github.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

if you have multiple gmail accounts make sure those account are connected. if you are signing into multiple gmail accounts you are doing it wrong.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=21289&from=21288&rd=1

http://www.howtogeek.com/106034/how-to-combine-all-your-email-addresses-into-one-gmail-inbox/

grep is your friend.