Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Does anyone knows how to run MathJax on Vanilla2?

Does anyone knows how to run MathJax on Vanilla2?
I tried the addon "LaTeX" which uses Google API ,but it seems not-functioning....it cannot display equations..

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

have you read thru these threads http://vanillaforums.org/search?Search=latex

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I tried vLaTeX but I didn't work on vanilla2

• I read instructions on MathJax offical site, so I need to insert the following script into vanilla:

my problem is how to convert this into a plugin?

• Hi guys,

thanks for this tewksbg. I guess your forum is no longer up, as I can't see it. I can't get your plugin to work though. When I test it using the demo MathML/Latex from this page, it just posts the code.

Do I need to put it in between shortcode or so? If you could, please explain it like I'm five years old.

Thanks so much.

• well I haven't used it but from my understanding it is loading a client side script therefore the code has to make it though server side formating and sanitation, but otherwise is not dependent on anything.

MathML likely wont get through.

Presuming you have enabled the plugin an thee is nothign preventing the script from loading I see no reason for it not to work. for Tex code.

However certain formatter such as those that use square brackets (bbcode) or curly brakets might interfere, though this is not default.

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@oneninetyeight

does this help. there is an attached zip file for a plugin at this comment.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199690/#Comment_199690

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.