Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Allow moderator to create new Category

I would like to allow moderators to create new categories.
I do not see any button or link as moderator to create new catergories. Only as adminstrator I am able to do it.
Is this possible?
Thank you.

Comments

• fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited February 2013

go here:
    yoursite.com/role/edit/32

on Default Category Permissions
    check the boxes of what access want them to have, and they could access it by going to dashboard, but can only see that option for category

• mmm... loggin as moderator there is not dashboard, just for admin.

• fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited February 2013

what version are you using @txirrindulari ?

• Version 2.0.18.4

• i could suggest going up to 2.1, but i'm not sure if it's applicable with and it's still on beta testing. It's your call.

• thank you so much for your time. I will need first learn how to backup my forum in order to try the beta version.

• yep, mods have access on version 2.1 on category moderation, give it a shot. just giving my insights.. :)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@txirrindulari

When upgrading/moving your forum, the key thing is to know how to back up your database.

Everything else can be recreated after a clean installation, but your user details, and their comments, are stored in the DB.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@whu606 said:
    txirrindulari

When upgrading/moving your forum, the key thing is to know how to back up your database.

Everything else can be recreated after a clean installation, but your user details, and their comments, are stored in the DB.

Thats true

• fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited March 2013

@Srggamer said:
    Thats true

amen to that

• Is there a plugin or app to help DB backup?
    thank you all

• you don't need google mysql dump

grep is your friend.

• also good idea to backup files too. especially conf/config.php you can call it conf.php.bak

grep is your friend.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

As an fyi: We are rolling most of the site admin permissions into one permission for 2.1 so moderators won't be able to create categories.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Oh no !!

more work for admin ? well not that they do much ;)