HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error: "ActivityModel" object does not have a "xDefineType" method

edited June 2012 in Feedback

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
The "ActivityModel" object does not have a "xDefineType" method.|ActivityModel|xDefineType|

Hi I'm getting this error whenever using the version from this download and the most recent GitHub version.

Take care,
Nuno

Comments

• me too same here The "ActivityModel" object does not have a "xDefineType" method.|ActivityModel|xDefineType|

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

I noticed that plugins that are written for V 2.1, that are used in vanilla 2.0.18 often get an error like this?

@pdoley What version of vanilla are you using?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @Shadowdare - any chance of making this plugin work with 2.0.18?

• It might be able to be fixed if we extend the ActivityModel with our own DefineType method, but 2.1 should be coming out next month.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• @Shadowdare said:

It might be able to be fixed if we extend the ActivityModel with our own DefineType method, but 2.1 should be coming out next month.

NOW, it's 2013. HOW long it takes? Where's this plugin, for gods sake!?

• Read the pluign page, this is an alpha release, not to be used in production. Whenever he pleases, if he pleases.

grep is your friend.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2013

@piotao

Obviously, you are unhappy with the author of this plugin.

I suggest you demand a full refund.

• lol

grep is your friend.

• I apologize that this plugin is taking so long. I've just been so busy. It's just a side project, though. The more interesting question is: when is 2.1 going to be officially released?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

@Shadowdare said: when is 2.1 going to be officially released?

Sometime before 2015 so go ahead and update your plugin , there is time !!

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2013

@piotao said:
    NOW, it's 2013. HOW long it takes? Where's this plugin, for gods sake!?

When I was talking about 2.1, I was referring to the next Vanilla update. The code is open source, so anyone can build upon the code if someone needs a downloads app as soon as possible.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited April 2013

I've made some more progress recently such as creating download categories from the dashboard with the Downloads application, but I've run into a bug that I need help debugging regarding the upload form not returning any data after submission. I'm typing this message from my mobile device, so if anyone has time to take a look, please reply here and I'll send some details over.