Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is this a vanilla forum?

SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

https://oc.tc/forums do you think this is a Vanilla forum?

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

I dont think so, but it is a very accomplished website and forum

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@422 said:
    I dont think so, but it is a very accomplished website and forum

I agree but its very simple Bootstrap

Thank you very much! My friend wanted to know.

• 422422 Developer MVP

@Srggamer said:
    I agree but its very simple Bootstrap

Whilst using Bootstrap is simple, mastering it is not. They have a very accomplished site. I would have perhaps, veered a little off the stock bootstrap look tho, which in essence is agreeing with you lol

My website http://dragonx.net though is Beta is made by me and so called making my on bootstrap called Hquery

• 422422 Developer MVP

Hquery ? what is that

@422 said:
    Hquery ? what is that

Its a version of Javascript made by me for me.

• I wouldn't call it a version of javascript. Not even jquery is a version of javascript it is a convenience library, for manipulating the DOM.

I would call it a library of functions. Though you functions are in the global scope, rather than namespaced and chainable, like jquery.

You could use the query builder aspect of jquery, not all those function have to be purely utility level.

if you take loadHTML you could do

$.fn.loadHTML = function(XURL,OPTIONS) { 
         $(this).html('<div class="data"><strong>Loading data!</strong><br>Please wait a moment ...</div>');
    }
    $('.IDSElement').loadHTML(XURL,OPTIONS);

rather than

loadHTML(IDSElement,XURL,OPIONS);

You don't have to however. It is coding style. it just so happens you called it hquery.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP

have you played with jQuery 2 yet @x00 ?

• I think the idea of 2 is a little silly, I can understand IE giving grief, but it a bit premature, given the developing world hasn't caught up yet. Other than HTML5 shims it is not fundamentally different, and the speed difference isn't going to be that noticeable.

I think if you are developing a fundamentally HTML5 app, then it makes sense, and is useful because you don't need legacy stuff.

However is 1.9 going to be supported and developed enough? Not sure.

Also the idea of adding script with conditional tags, is a legacy solution in itself. It could be that there will have to be an additional support library to make sense.

I mean this is a classic example, of attempting to drive the web forward, it might work, but it might be painful. I wonder if John Resig would have done this if he was still leading the development.

grep is your friend.

@x00 said:
    I wouldn't call it a version of javascript. Not even jquery is a version of javascript it is a convenience library, for manipulating the DOM.

I would call it a library of functions. Though you functions are in the global scope, rather than namespaced and chainable, like jquery.

You could use the query builder aspect of jquery, not all those function have to be purely utility level.

if you take loadHTML you could do

$.fn.loadHTML = function(XURL,OPTIONS) { 
         $(this).html('<div class="data"><strong>Loading data!</strong><br>Please wait a moment ...</div>');
    }
    $('.IDSElement').loadHTML(XURL,OPTIONS);

rather than

loadHTML(IDSElement,XURL,OPIONS);

You don't have to however. It is coding style. it just so happens you called it hquery.

Yes that's what you see. However you don't see the back end.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I thought javascript was all clientside

• @422 said:
    I thought javascript was all clientside

There are version of ECMAScript which can be used on the server side, with a JavaScript engine. but I doubt that is what he is talking about.

Anyway I didn't want to create a massive issue, he can call it what he wants.

grep is your friend.

Its just extremely modified and I just decide to give it a name, no arguments wanted.