Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PayPal Sandbox - Not Applying Group To User

Not sure what's going on, but when I use Sandbox in PayPal and purchase through a Sandbox account, it sends the money yet does not assign the user group.

I'm using the latest, stable release of Vanilla.

After purchasing, PayPal redirects me to my own forum profile, without any modification to the groups. Using Karma works, however.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I'd also like to thank you for the time you spent on this plugin.

• I'm guessing you are not on localhost (it won't work), or are using tunnelling like localtunnel.

Sandbox has been notoriously inconsistent on IPN.If I remember correctly there was problem with the protocol used, and redirects. I wished it worked like stripe, where it is the same infrastructure regardless, just a different API key.

First I would turn on error logging. Create a writeable folder /log and touch log.txt then set in conf/config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'derror.master.php';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogEnabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogFile'] = '/path/to/forum/log/log.txt';

Then I would make sure that the IPN location is actually reachable. It should never block it, but it is worth making sure. Log out. then visit

/store/paypaltrans (where store is your store URI)

If it is reachable it would give transaction error, if it is not reachable it would say it can't find it.

One thing you could try is setting

$Configuration['Plugins']['MarketPlace']['Gateway']['PayPal']['NoSSL'] = TRUE;

You are probably goign to have to change this back for live.

Note IPN despite the name isn't always instant.

Lastly if sandbox is still being a pain, it doesn't mean a live wouldn't work. You can set a small amount an refund yourself.

I have just checked out the new developer system, what I nightmare. I import all my old sandbox emails. change the passwords, no matter what it won't login to take the payment, and if I visit the sandobox page for that email I get an apache tomcat error, "resource not available".

I just tried to create a new account (I have done this many time previously), enter all the credentials, "we are sorry somethign went wrong"

Recommend stripe if you have a US bank, less hair pulling.

There is zero time for me to integrate any new api.

grep is your friend.

• Well, for starters my website was blocked off from the public via .htaccess, so the IPN was returning a 403 Forbidden Error on PayPal's side.

IOW: I'm stupid.

Oddly enough, Sandbox still failed, but as soon as I switched over to live PayPal with my merchant's ID, it worked!

Great plugin! Amazing work! Literally the backbone to my site!

• well it is abstracted so it is an easy mistake to make. Yes paypal/sandbox sucks what can I say.

grep is your friend.

• GeekPlayaGeekPlaya New
    edited March 2013

@x00 said:
    well it is abstracted so it is an easy mistake to make. Yes paypal/sandbox sucks what can I say.

Just out of curiosity, x100, does the PremiumRoles.xx in the GDN_UserMeta table disappear for each user as their membership expires?

• Also is there a way to prevent purchasing any more roles even if they are different if the user has already purchased one.

• @GeekPlaya said:
    Just out of curiosity, x100, does the PremiumRoles.xx in the GDN_UserMeta table disappear for each user as their membership expires?

it gets set to -1

@GeekPlaya said:
    Also is there a way to prevent purchasing any more roles even if they are different if the user has already purchased one.

I don't provide this functionality.

grep is your friend.