Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ODF File Upload Detect

ODF file extension seems not to be accepted.
How can I upload ODF files to my post?
thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Add this in forum/conf/ config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('txt', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'bmp', 'tiff', 'zip', 'gz', 'tar.gz', 'tgz', 'psd', 'ai', 'fla', 'swf', 'pdf', 'doc', 'xls', 'ppt', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'log', 'rar', '7z', 'mp3', 'wav', 'aiff', 'mov', 'cur', 'odf');

• sweet ! @vrijvlinder can any file type be added like this , looks like you covered almost everything. Is there a specific file that can't be added?

thanx

• @DavidShine said:
    sweet ! vrijvlinder can any file type be added like this , looks like you covered almost everything. Is there a specific file that can't be added?

thanx

it looks like it just checks against an array of the listed extensions in the config statement. So try adding something (e.g. .xyz). This is something you can easily try yourself, and then you have your answer, solved by you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Yea it does not check to see if the file is dangerous or anything, opening the file is another matter....and some files are just too heavy even if you set the max at 10000gb unless you are on a virtual server most hosts don't allow more than 64M

• Thank you very much. I will try this.
    Since I did not have any trouble with other but ODF files.
    Should be it enough to add just ODF extension to the array?

• edited March 2013

@peregrine said:
    it looks like it just checks against an array of the listed extensions in the config statement. So try adding something (e.g. .xyz). This is something you can easily try yourself, and then you have your answer, solved by you.

You are right ! I did add that or something like it to see and first it gave me an error then i added the invented file type to the array and it did upload it ! but as vrijvlinder said it did not open of course because it is not a real file type but it was interesting to find out. Specially if you want to disallow file types. This does not disallow but rather only allows what is in the array regardless of type.

edited March 2013

@DavidShine said:it did upload it ! but... the invented file type ....did not open of course

of course...lol I never tried that but it's good to know....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

it won't open because the browser doesn't know about the extension. If you define a fake extension in your browser, I bet you it will open. and yes it's a white-list , not a black-list

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

it's a white-list , not a black-list

I know this is off a tangent but either it's comic relief or it is something to think about....

That's discrimination lexicon !! it should be just safe-list or unsafe-list or even trusted and distrusted why must it be good=white bad=black ??? forgive me but this must be irritating... if your white... all that pressure to be "Good" just coz you are white !!!!????

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2013

actually we use similar system for all site wide images, in regards to avatars etc, all with the extension .422

Makes handling tons of diff requests so much easier.

There was an error rendering this rich post.