Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing Header Menu Items / Setting up Links

Hi...I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how I could remove three of the 5-menu items which are there by default (About, Blog and forum)?? I can't find where to edit the header items anywhere, and the forum will be an extension of my main site so I'd like to keep it pretty simple, with only Home and Contact Us as the only two header menu options, with just the discussions below, and another link to them in sidebar.

My other question was how do I change the links then for those header menu items. Particularly for the 'Contact Us' item, as I'd like to link it back to the Contact form on my main site. Any idea?

Any feedback one could offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I'm not sure about the plugin stuff there it's kind of old ? But you can change and add or remove links in your theme. You can also use css to hide them. You can also use a jquery method to hide them. But it is all to be done in your theme.

• @GMoney said:
    Hi...I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how I could remove three of the 5-menu items which are there by default (About, Blog and forum)?? I can't find where to edit the header items anywhere, and the forum will be an extension of my main site so I'd like to keep it pretty simple, with only Home and Contact Us as the only two header menu options, with just the discussions below, and another link to them in sidebar.

My other question was how do I change the links then for those header menu items. Particularly for the 'Contact Us' item, as I'd like to link it back to the Contact form on my main site. Any idea?

Any feedback one could offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't use the plugin., but probably a scan of the board "how do I remove link".

The odds are there are things that can be changed via definitions (search the forum for the 1 million plus comments on how to change a definition).

Also when you look at the code with a good editor - you can search for all the items you may be looking for in the plugin or source - just some hints. e.g. search "Contact"

or you can use grep - many explanations on the internet and a few discussions on the forum on how to download it for various OS.

Styling things can be found in theme design announcement and annotated theme plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Appreciate the info, and sorry, as I just didn't know where to look before. Found what you meant in the Support forum:

"About us" & "Blog", Also changing the title text.

"To change the link in the menu go to /themes/VanillaPress2010/views/ and open default.master.tpl with a text editor."