Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Noticed Views count not increasing

422422 Developer MVP
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is this a cock up our end or a known issue, I am sure I read about similar issue on here recently.

We are using latest version and vanilla 2.0.18.1

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Views are incremented through the analytics tick operation through javascript. I think if you don't have analytics enabled then the views won't increment.

This shouldn't be an issue with voting per se, but since it shows the view count you probably notice the issue with voting turned on.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Views are incremented through the analytics tick operation through javascript. I think if you don't have analytics enabled then the views won't increment.

This shouldn't be an issue with voting per se, but since it shows the view count you probably notice the issue with voting turned on.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    Ahh thought it may have something to do with that yes we have analytics disabled.

Thnks todd

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Same bug here. I had to enable "Increment Count" plugin to get the view's, but half of the plugin's views are from robots I think.

• PS: I have analytics enabled.