Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not working with 2.1a36

lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Anobody can confirm?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2013

has anyone yet mentioned to you that 2.1x are beta ? and unsupported both as functioning forum, and plugin compatability

Also http://vanillaforums.org/addon/711/van2shout is VANILLA 2 not Vanilla 2.1 which I think is what that denotes

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I know that I'm using a alpha/beta software. I reported here only to have a feedback from others 2.1 users (if any) and as an information to users that want to use 2.1. I also have written to the author since I think that he wants to know.

Note: currently I'm building over vanilla 2.1 a community website for a client. I really apprecciate VF team (and contributors) work: after spending few weeks working with VF I can really see VF code and architecture quality. Without VF my work would be much harder (and longer).

• @lifeisfoo said:
    Note: currently I'm building over vanilla 2.1 a community website for a client.

Since you're working for a client, you will most likely recognize this situation:
    Client calls & tells you 'It's not working'. What's not working? 'The site'. What's not working on the site? 'When you click the buttons, nothing happens'. Which browser are you using? 'I don't know'. It was working before, what did you do to make it stop working? 'I don't know'.

Good info huh? And that's from a client.

In order to make van2shout work, I would assume to first make a simple change: Replace all instances of &$Sender with $Sender, then figure out exactly what is not working.

@UnderDog said:
    Since you're working for a client, you will most likely recognize this situation:
    Client calls & tells you 'It's not working'. What's not working? 'The site'. What's not working on the site? 'When you click the buttons, nothing happens'. Which browser are you using? 'I don't know'. It was working before, what did you do to make it stop working? 'I don't know'.

Good info huh? And that's from a client.

I'm sorry.

In order to make van2shout work, I would assume to first make a simple change: Replace all instances of &$Sender with $Sender, then figure out exactly what is not working.

Yes, this is the cause of the problem. I assume that there was a change in parameters passing, from 2 to 2.1. So probably many other plugins aren't working with 2.1 for "just" this.

Thank you.

• @lifeisfoo said:
    Yes, this is the cause of the problem. I assume that there was a change in parameters passing, from 2 to 2.1. So probably many other plugins aren't working with 2.1 for "just" this.

I know and I need your & everyone's help to give solutions to anyone who has similar problems. So if anyone has a problem with 2.1 and a plugin 'not working', just give this solution first before finding any other answers.

And of course the '2.1 is still in alpha / beta' speech, but that goes without saying.

• caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited March 2013

Yes, there are various reports that van2shout is not working with 2.1, and to be honest, I am suprised there are so many people actually using the plugin!

@lifeisfoo said:

Did it work after removing the &'s?

Yes.

Just pushed a quick fix to be compatible with VF 2.1. Anyone interested can leave here some feedback.

Download from my repo (master) https://github.com/lifeisfoo/Van2Shout (author's repo here https://github.com/Caerostris/Van2Shout)

• caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited March 2013

All your changes merged, great work!
    I'll upload the changes to vf somewhen on monday and try to get some stuff like options for relocation working with the new version... So right know everyone who's using vf 2.1 has to pull Van2Shout from either mine or lifeisfoo's repo!