HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hijacking reactions

WTF
In another forum that I am on there has been lots of people hijacking eliminated reactions like this.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

please supply more information , you may be using the hosted version ? what reactions are you referring to ?

Looks like someone hijacked the javascript for that and could have injected it in a post. Look for suspicious posts and delete them. disable reactions if you can until you have found the cause.

• <a class="Hijack ReactButton ReactButton-WTF" href="/react/comment/WTF?id=178264" title="WTF" rel="nofollow"><span class="ReactSprite ReactWTF"></span> <span class="ReactLabel">WTF</span></a>

• It's just html

• It was figured by looking into the HTML code.

• http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/
    And using the eliminated reactions was banned.

edited March 2013

Do you want to know how to block it ?
    Do you have HtmLawed enabled ?
    check your config to see what you have for this:

$Configuration['Garden']['Html']['SafeStyles']= TRUE; // disallow style/class attributes in html to prevent click jacking

you can add more stuff to block here in the class.htmlawed.plugin.php

if ($this->SafeStyles) {
             // Deny all class and style attributes.
             // A lot of damage can be done by hackers with these attributes.
             $Config['deny_attribute'] .= ',style';

• 422422 Developer MVP

How did you guys add disagree reaction to vrijlinders posts ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

I will pass this on to the powers that be.

grep is your friend.

edited March 2013

How did you guys add disagree reaction to vrijlinders posts ?

The same way I added Like to this post, I am sure they used more code to make it come up under the posts.
    I think the editor needs to be locked down for this stuff

System_Error50sQuiffaeryphreak
  • edited March 2013

Also, are there emoticons enabled here? Because I used the HTML to bee able to use emoticons in PMs which was previously never done on the forum that I'm on

= <span class="Emoticon Emoticon39"></span>
    Edit: nope ill have to get the plugin embedded in the post.

• so does this mean that people are going to be allowed to give each other likes and other reactions by hijacking the react buttons and posting them or just hacker boy? i missed out on the likes when did that stop and why ?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

i missed out on the likes when did that stop and why ?

It was superseded by the awesomes and the insightfuls, to fine tune the like as to whether you liked it because it was awesome or because it was insightful. So would this be an awesome answer or an insightful answer. Probably insightful in my book. I tend of think of awesome - "wow you helped me" or "that looks great" or "your gonna add a new this or that" and I think of insightful as "I never thought of that" or "that looks interesting". So, in summary, "Likes" were yesterday's answer to today's "awesome and insightful". And when you are "speechless" or "something tickles your funnybone" or "you want to add a point" - lol comes in handy.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2013

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• @DavidShine said:
    so does this mean that people are going to be allowed to give each other likes and other reactions by hijacking the react buttons and posting them or just hacker boy? i missed out on the likes when did that stop and why ?

Storm in a teacup. It will get fixed, it is not like it is going to shake the core of the earth.

grep is your friend.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@x00 said:
    Storm in a teacup. It will get fixed, it is not like it is going to shake the core of the earth.

This is interesting going to read about this.