Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can ShareThis be added to the Mobile theme

I would like to add the ShareThis add-on to the default Mobile theme. Is this doable? Thanks for any insight you have!

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

search for mobile friendly and you may have your question answered. Since how to make a plugin mobile friendly has been answered a zillion times. I leave it in your search capable hands.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• and report back when you have the solution.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hi peregrine:

After searching, I see it's as easy as adding a 'MobileFriendly' =>TRUE, statement to the class.sharethis.plugin.php file in the plugin directory. I guess we can do that for any plugin. This statement added to the class file enables the plugin for the mobile theme but doesn't necessarily mean it works, which is left up to us for testing, fair enough. I haven't tested it thoroughly but the plugin did work for Twitter and Facebook sharing on my Android device.

Thanks very much for your tip! This system is amazing; non-developers that barely know enough to be dangerous can get quite bit done!!!

Cheers,
    Bob

• @ObamaCare_Forums

glad you got it sorted out, learned the search method, and provided your solution.

bam.

This system is amazing; non-developers that barely know enough to be dangerous can get quite bit done!!!

in the hands of a non-developer the "Search" button means "knowledge is power"