Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Facebook/Twitter/Google Sign-in all end up in blank page -I have tried to fix this for several hours

Please help.. Trying to figure out what is wrong, I have put all debug codes everywhere in the core class
e.g. Gdn_Factory Gdn_Smarty Gdn_Autoloader ..etc..

All cache folders name and permission are correct
(/cache /cache/Smarty/compile /cache/Smarty/cache)

Everything else is working ok except this bit

The authentication popup always ends up in blank page in the URL like this one

My assumption is there is something wrong with AutoLoader when it tries to load Smarty?
I am new to VanillaForums.. and have spent so many hours on this. Somebody please shed some light for me.

Comments

• Anyone?

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2013

lol at your second post 1 minute after you start the thread, 12 hrs later

Sorry cannot help, have you set correct permissions. Checked file paths are totally correct, set up return paths etc

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

@vorapoap Sorry for not getting back , Not sure what you did there, but the correct way for those folders to be is this:

forum/cache/Smarty/compile

Try fixing that and see if it helps. Erase the contents of the compile and cache folder . Smarty has nothing to do with your single sign on problem, don't think it does any way. Don't hack the core if you don't know what you are doing . Start with hacking the config.php file and post what is on there less the private info. It could shed some light on your problem since that is where all the settings live.

You need to tell us the version you are using there are a few out there, each has it's own issues.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

The "#=" at the end looks suspicious. Is it a hashtag with an = missing a value afterwards or part of the code.

Not even quite sure what you are doing or where the link came from, or if you are using a plugin, which one? which version of vanilla?

did it ever work?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• They are the version coming along with the Vanilla on download page.

Facebook gets to this URL after a page asking for what you want to be known

Twitter , after clicking on authorize button

Google also...

Forum structure is correct, permission is now 777 (I didn't see any files written to .../compile and .../cache

You can test it at lososms.com (not an English website)

Last thing I suspect is .. It stops when calling ->Render on an empty Gdn_Smarty object (var_export)

If I put parameter false to the second parameter of class_exists (To prevent autoloader) (I put condition for Smarty class only) It will stop with error on calling get function on non object

Sorry, I am driving at this moment.

• It is 2.0.18.4

• OK I don't know this is normal or not

if(is_null($ViewHandler)) {
             $BodyIdentifier = strtolower($this->ApplicationFolder.'_'.$ControllerName.'_'.Gdn_Format::AlphaNumeric(strtolower($this->RequestMethod)));
             include($MasterViewPath);
          } else {          var_exporT($ViewHandler);exit;
             $ViewHandler->Render($MasterViewPath, $this);
          }    

Above in class.controller.php var_export output " Gdn_Smarty::__set_state(array( '_Smarty' => NULL, )) "

• Here is my conf.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

// Conversations
    $Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = '####### CENSORED ########';

// EnabledApplications
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations';
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Faq'] = 'faq';

// EnabledLocales
    $Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_th_TH'] = 'th_TH';

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Facebook'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['SplitMerge'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['cleditor'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Emotify'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['VanillaInThisDiscussion'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['FileUpload'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['LocaleDeveloper'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Mediator'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['MostPopular'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['MyProfile'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PM'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PostCount'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Referee'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['AllViewed'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Signatures'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['LosoSMS'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Flagging'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['UsersOnline'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PeregrineBadges'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['IPTracking'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['MFCDiscussionPagination'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Kudos'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Liked'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['OneSession'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Sitemaps'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['ThankfulPeople'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['WebInstall'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Twitter'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['OpenID'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['GoogleSignIn'] = TRUE;
    //$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['FriendsLinks'] = TRUE;

// Faq
    $Configuration['Faq']['Questions']['PerPage'] = 10;
    $Configuration['Faq']['NewQuestions']['SendTo'] = 'webmaster@lososms.com';
    $Configuration['Faq']['NewQuestions']['AllowGuest'] = '';

// Garden
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'LosoSMS';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Captcha';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmailRole'] = '3';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPrivateKey'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPublicKey'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteExpiration'] = '-1 week';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteRoles'] = 'a:5:{i:3;s:1:"0";i:4;s:1:"0";i:8;s:1:"0";i:16;s:1:"0";i:32;s:1:"0";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'LosoSMS';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportAddress'] = 'info@lososms.com';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] = '25';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'lososms';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Logo'] = '3Q084BN42WF0.gif';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Hashtags'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'th_TH';
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationID'] = '5845-21482626-3280E232';
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationSecret'] = '####### CENSORED ########';

// Modules
    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = 'a:6:{i:0;s:13:"MessageModule";i:1;s:7:"Notices";i:2;s:21:"NewConversationModule";i:3;s:19:"NewDiscussionModule";i:4;s
    :7:"Content";i:5;s:3:"Ads";}';
    $Configuration['Modules']['Conversations']['Content'] = 'a:6:{i:0;s:13:"MessageModule";i:1;s:7:"Notices";i:2;s:21:"NewConversationModule";i:3;s:19:"NewDiscussionModule"
    ;i:4;s:7:"Content";i:5;s:3:"Ads";}';

// Plugin
    $Configuration['Plugin']['PM']['Text'] = 'PM';
    $Configuration['Plugin']['UsersOnline']['ExpLength'] = 'num15';
    $Configuration['Plugin']['UsersOnline']['MsgTxt'] = 'ผู้ใช้ออนไลน์';

• Continue...

// Plugins
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Dashboard'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Categories'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Registration'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Plugins'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Profile'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Discussion'] = '1';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['FileUpload']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['MyProfile']['Version'] = '0.1.9b';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Name1'] = 'ถามตอบเà¸à¸µà¹ˆà¸¢à¸§à¸à¸±à¸š SMS';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Link1'] = 'faq';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Name2'] = '';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Link2'] = '';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Name3'] = '';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['AddMenuitem']['Link3'] = '';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['ApplicationID'] = '157625534397531';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['Secret'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['GoogleSignIn']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['OpenID']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Twitter']['ConsumerKey'] = 'Nxui3tIQg9XRDp9vkBS3Tg';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Twitter']['Secret'] = '####### CENSORED ########';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Tagging']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['OneSession']['Version'] = '0.1.1b';
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Kudos']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Kudos']['Delete'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['Plugins']['Kudos']['DeleteNumber'] = '10';

// Routes
            $Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = 'discussions';
            $Configuration['Routes']['ZXhhbXBsZS1wYWdl'] = 'a:2:{i:0;s:17:"page/example-page";i:1;s:8:"Internal";}';
            $Configuration['Routes']['c2l0ZW1hcGluZGV4LnhtbA=='] = 'a:2:{i:0;s:25:"/utility/sitemapindex.xml";i:1;s:8:"Internal";}';
            $Configuration['Routes']['c2l0ZW1hcC0oLisp'] = 'a:2:{i:0;s:19:"/utility/sitemap/$1";i:1;s:8:"Internal";}';
            $Configuration['Routes']['cm9ib3RzLnR4dA=='] = 'a:2:{i:0;s:15:"/utility/robots";i:1;s:8:"Internal";}';

// Vanilla
            $Configuration['Vanilla']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';
            $Configuration['Vanilla']['AdminCheckboxes']['Use'] = TRUE;

// Last edited by admin (171.97.130.251)2013-03-27 11:50:32

• 422422 Developer MVP

are there any plugins you havent got enabled lol .... fmd

• 422422 Developer MVP

< had to reply again.

DISABLE all plugins, re enable them ONE at a time. Clear CACHE delete .ini files in cache folder. TEST

Work thru it until it breaks.

• @422 Ok.. I removed everything except "Facebook" and try.. same result

• vorapoapvorapoap New
    edited March 2013

Hmm I tried to download the latest version from GItHub and cleanly installed it on blank db.
    I could get to a dashboard with broken theme.. but the main site is a complete blank page.
    So I guess I am stuck with 2.0.18.4 ...Anything to do with my environment?

Lighttpd 1.5 --> the rewrite rule and Lighttpd settings are

$HTTP["host"] =~ "^(.+\.)?lososms\.com" {
            server.document-root = "/data/vhost/lososms/"
            url.rewrite  = ( "^/(applications|js|library|plugins|themes|uploads)/(.*)$"=>"$0" )
            url.rewrite += ( "^([^?]*)(\?(.*))?$" => "/index.php?p=$1&$3" )
    }

The rewrite rule shouldn't be a problem since, turning it off got to above error (first post)

PHP-FPM (FastCGI) v.5.2.10

• I needed timthumb mod security whitelisted on my server account for Google+ to work. Until then all I got was the blank screen. But Facebook/Twitter always worked right out of the gate. I've got this forum on a smaller shared account for now and a support ticket asking for them to whitelist it did the trick.

• Hmm I tried to download the latest version from GItHub

Sometimes the latest version has not been backported to vanilla 2.0.18.4 - just something to be aware of.

you might also include the versions of the facebook plugins you have tried, or go backwards in version number of facebook plugin, or install the original plugin if if comes with the vanilla 2.0.18.4 source. I think now you might have introduced alot of things that might complicate it (if you did any modifications to the core, etc.).

Perhaps someone can mention a facebook plugin version that does work with v 2.0.18.4.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Here are the module I have on Lighttpd.. I don't think any things here behave as mod_sec in Apache.
    "mod_rewrite",
    "mod_redirect",
    "mod_alias",
    "mod_access",
    "mod_status",
    "mod_evasive",
    "mod_cgi",
    "mod_proxy_core",
    "mod_proxy_backend_fastcgi",
    "mod_proxy_backend_http",
    "mod_accesslog" )

• vorapoapvorapoap New
    edited March 2013

OK Now I have restored all the original code from .ZIP file. So basically, I have only standard thing with Facebook plugin enabled.. and still blank page..

I hope someone should be able to point me to where I can debug this ... This Controller thing shouldn't be difficult to debug. In Drupal, if a problem like this exists, I can figure out by displaying all the calling function on screen.. and where the script stops it points to a troublesome function. I suspect that I can get the similar information by putting echo in somewhere.. Maybe I will spend some more time on this Autoloader function.. ( I never use this in my development experience ) I feel like thing should be loaded only when we order it to.. I learn that Vanilla do pretty much magic on scanning file and etc... but it should be very nice if I can manually control this.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

try logging to file with variables.

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogEnabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogFile'] = 'log/logging.txt';

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155625/#Comment_155625

also you could try the logger plugin.

I would debug in the plugin itself personally to see if the problem lies there rather than the core.

• Here are what I got from logging to File....

It is not the facebook plugin that cause a blank page

Please see the pictures.
    The first picture is the report from debug_backtrace.

The crash happens after returning from Base_ConnectData_Handler in Facebook plugin to the level of class.entrycontroller.php

The second picture shows the exact location of where the crashes happen. It is at the bottom of
    function Connect in class.entrycontroller.php .. It is something inside ->Render... that causing this.

Here is the Log Message returning from the line before $this->Render()...

2013-03-28 23:54:32 - /data/vhost/lososms/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php (453) EntryController::Connect -- "HERE MARK!"    
    2013-03-28 23:54:32 - /data/vhost/lososms/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php (538) EntryController::Connect -- "HERE MARK!"  ---, {"Uses":["Database","Form","UserModel"],"Form":{"Action":"","ErrorClass":"Error","HiddenInputs":{"Target":null},"IDPrefix":"Form_","InputPrefix":"Form","Method":"post","EventArguments":[],"Returns":[],"HandlerType":"NORMAL"},"UserModel":{"SessionColumns":null,"Data":null,"Database":{"ClassName":"Gdn_Database","ConnectionOptions":{"12":0,"1000":1,"1002":"set names 'utf8'"},"DatabasePrefix":"GDN_","ExtendedProperties":{"Collate":"utf8_unicode_ci"},"Dsn":"host=20.0.0.4;dbname=lososms;","Engine":"MySQL","Password":"lososms","User":"lososms"},"DateInserted":"DateInserted","DateUpdated":"DateUpdated","InsertUserID":"InsertUserID","Name":"User","PrimaryKey":"id","Schema":null,"SQL":{"CaptureModifications":false,"ClassName":"Gdn_MySQLDriver","Database":{"ClassName":"Gdn_Database","ConnectionOptions":{"12":0,"1000":1,"1002":"set names 'utf8'"},"DatabasePrefix":"GDN_","ExtendedProperties":{"Collate":"utf8_unicode_ci"},"Dsn":"host=20.0.0.4;dbname=lososms;","Engine":"MySQL","Password":"lososms","User":"lososms"},"_Order":false},"UpdateUserID":"UpdateUserID","Validation":{},"EventArguments":[],"Returns":[],"HandlerType":"NORMAL"},"UsernameError":"Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.","Application":"Dashboard","ApplicationFolder":"dashboard","Assets":[],"ControllerFolder":"","ControllerName":"entrycontroller","CssClass":"","Data":{"Verified":true,"ExistingUsers":[]},"Head":{"AssetName":"","EventArguments":[],"Returns":[],"HandlerType":"NORMAL"},"MasterView":"empty","Menu":{"Items":[],"HtmlId":"Menu","CssClass":null,"Sort":["Dashboard","Discussions","Questions","Activity","Applicants","Conversations","User"],"AssetName":"","EventArguments":[],"Returns":[],"HandlerType":"NORMAL"},"ModuleSortContainer":"","OriginalRequestMethod":"connect","RedirectUrl":"","RequestArgs":["facebook"],"RequestMethod":"connect","Request":{},"SelfUrl":"entry\/connect\/facebook","StatusMessage":"","SyndicationMethod":"NONE","Theme":"lososms","ThemeOptions":[],"View":"connect","EventArguments":["facebook"],"Returns":{"base_connectdata_handler":{"FacebookPlugin.base_connectdata_handler":null}},"HandlerType":"NORMAL","Database":{"ClassName":"Gdn_Database","ConnectionOptions":{"12":0,"1000":1,"1002":"set names 'utf8'"},"DatabasePrefix":"GDN_","ExtendedProperties":{"Collate":"utf8_unicode_ci"},"Dsn":"host=20.0.0.4;dbname=lososms;","Engine":"MySQL","Password":"lososms","User":"lososms"},"EnabledApplications":["dashboard","vanilla"]}

• Above code ^^^^^^^^^ show the object of $this before calling Render()... which never returns.. and that why I got to the point in the earlier post that there is a problem with initiating Smarty function... to Render this...