HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A simple icon

Hey Peregrine
Tell me what you think about that image. If you like It please feel free to use it as plug´s icon, ok?
Not a master piece but might be acceptable :-)

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

thx. @wilsoncortez

I'll add it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Not that I really care much about copyright but you might want to take a look at this before you do anything: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-6056137-first-place.php

Great icon by the way! It just sucks that the ribbon is licensed :P

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

thx for the heads up on licensing issue, @kasperisager I'll skip adding icon to my plugin, i have another anyway - thanks @wilsoncortez but due to licensing I can't add it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Oops, sorry. My fault.
    I really did not take that in count :-(
    I had it on a pretty old collection and just pick it up.

@kasperisager good investigative work by the way and thanks

SORRY :-(

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@wilsoncortez No worries - it's near impossible keeping track of copyrighted images. My number one rule of thumb is to never use anything unless I've made it myself or at least edited the c**p out of something someone else made in such a way that it might as well be my own work (blurring the line between inspiration and derivation) :-)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• 422422 Developer MVP

commonly called bastardisation

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I ended up adding a simple non-imaginative icon, as a placeholder.

I also added a bit more functionality from the dashboard settings options for the plugins.

see the new version uploaded a few minutes ago.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@kasperisager said:
    wilsoncortez No worries - it's near impossible keeping track of copyrighted images. My number one rule of thumb is to never use anything unless I've made it myself or at least edited the c**p out of something someone else made in such a way that it might as well be my own work (blurring the line between inspiration and derivation) :-)

I only use files under the GNU policy, but erm I do Torrent I mean seriously whos gonna stop me?

• @Srggamer said:
    I only use files under the GNU policy, but erm I do Torrent I mean seriously whos gonna stop me?

I think its just a scruples, respect and honor thing.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@peregrine said:
    I think its just a scruples, respect and honor thing.

Thats true.