HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Featured Member

Just something to think about for anyone who likes to make plugins. On my old website I used to run (vbulletin) I had a Featured Member script installed that would allow you to either feature specific members you choose, or feature a top poster (just their name with picture below). Might be a cool feature (plugin) for someone to use on their site if they are looking for that sort of thing

This is just an idea if anyone hasn't thought of it :)

Comments

• Options

That would be pretty easy, if you meant an admin added specific users to get the "featured status". This can already be done with the PeregrineBadges Plugin (plug) under special badges.. Or it could easily be done in a separate panel for Featured members. Let me know via pm if you would like to contribute a bit of money for such a plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    BrandonPBrandonP New
    edited March 2013

I tried to install your App but it made my forum crash :(

I had to delete the plugin folder for it to come back

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

reminds me of a old vb plugin called SOTW ( sig of the week ) We actually recoded that back in the day, for the very feature you are looking for, but allied to votes. So users would pick from x amount of users to be their Member of the week.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@BrandonP

Something may have gone wrong with your method, the plugin works as intended . When you have these problems it helps if you can post the method you used for installing. Try it again but ftp into the plugins folder. peregrine's plugins never fail from my experience.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@BrandonP

I don't have any Applications, just add-ons at the moment.

Look in the plugin array and add this

'@BrandonPFriendly' => TRUE,

The @BrandonPFriendly option should work for all of my plugins and they won't crash your system. There have been 5000 downloads of my plugins - you are the first to report a crash, makes me wonder a bit - how did you install it - perhaps it is not the plugin after all. :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

if you want you can see what the actual error is:

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

then post the error here

I can try to give you a hand.