Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Most Popular - How to show is a different location?

This plugin solves a big problem for me. However, I need to display the data in the main content area, only on categories page, and above the list of categories.

I'll appreciate if you can guide me on how to achieve this.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You should be able to add it directly to your master view using Smarty:

{module name="MostPopularModule"}

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• @kasperisager said:
    You should be able to add it directly to your master view using Smarty:

{module name="MostPopularModule"}

And remove from the default? How to remove it/not allow display it on default side panel?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Remove the entire Base_Render_Before function found in the plugin's default.php file.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• On a similar topic, I've been looking through/playing with every bit of code I can find in both the mostpopular plugin files and my custom.css to no avail.

Is it possible to switch the "Popular" tab with the "All Posts" tab? Just so that "All Posts" (the default tab) appears on the far left.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Have you tried this in your config.php ?

$Configuration['Garden']['ProfileTabs']['Sort']= array('All Posts', 'Popular', 'My Bookmarks', 'Mine', 'Unaidentified');

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Did just now - unfortunately no effect. Changed 'Unaidentified' to 'Unidentified' as well ;)

I know this answer has to be an easy one, I am merely overlooking something.

EDIT

also been playing with the word 'DiscussionsTabs' instead of 'ProfileTabs' because after inspecting the element (as you have recommended I practice in the past) it says that's the name of the grouping of tabs.

div.Tabs.DiscussionsTabs to be exact.

hmm try ? I am not sure this will work either but no harm trying ...likely a red herring

$Configuration['Garden']['Tabs']['Menu']['Sort']

• Ugh. Still no luck. I usually specialize in trial and error :) but this time I seem to be stumped. I'll keep trying different combinations of keywords in this config.php, thank you so far for your guidance!

Sure any time I have red herring to spare , I will research this too :)

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Ahh this link is somewhat useful - says things along the same lines as you have mentioned - configuring the application

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/162956/#Comment_162956

will keep diving into this and report back. This post is about the profile tabs, not discussion tabs.

***EDIT

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23166

This above link also - referencing the vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php file to alter tab content.

Placing this here now because I have to go to bed :/ and will refer to it again tomorrow.

yea @buisnessdad good idea

$Configuration['Garden']['ProfileTabOrder'] = array('MyTab', 'Discussions', 'Thanks', 'Comments', 'Votes');