Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wrong Error with Member Registration ??

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

Wrong Error with Member Registration, what is the reason ?

You can Try Also http://geek.lk/entry/register

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Are you by any chance using the Vanllix theme?

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

i created it. and im using it

• what version of vanilla?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@Chanux said:
    i created it. and im using it

Are you aware that your theme is missing the default.master.php that should be in the views folder ?
    maybe that has something to do with your issue. Unless you have one but you forgot to include it in the theme ...

@peregrine said:
    what version of vanilla?

I think it is 2.0.18.2

im using 2.0.18.2. but it was waking yesterday. you can see members register in April 2 http://geek.lk/activity. somthing has wrong today

Interesting, what about the missing default.master.php for the downloads here that you submitted ? We have been getting people who created something to fix their stuff and prepare to update for 2.1. Please rectify your theme :)

• V,

I think you may be confused.

if there is nothing in views, It will user the default. master.php from
    applications/dashboard/views

the default theme doesn't have one either, I don't think it has anything to do with it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Any idea with my problems ??

• did you modify registration at all? or are you using the default? are you using any plugins that deal with registration? Are you using botstop.

edited April 2013

if there is nothing in views, It will user the default. master.php from applications/dashboard/views

I am aware of this, which unless people know to make one for their theme, they will find themselves editing the one in the dashboard or not know where to edit the theme master. In essense that is not complete.

about your error, if it's not proxy related or something else ,in /library/core/functions.validation.php

try to find this

'/^([\d\w_]{3,20})?$/si'

and replace it with this or whatever is needed :

'/^([\p{L}\p{N}\p{Pd}\p{Pc}\p{Lm}\p{M}]{3,20}+)?$/'

in this 

Redefine ValidateUsername() function

if (!function_exists('ValidateUsername')) {
       function ValidateUsername($Value, $Field = '') {
          if (preg_match('/(^[ ]|[ ]{2}|[ ]$)/', $Value)) return FALSE; // JDJ Fail on leading, trailing or runs of spaces
          return ValidateRegex(
             $Value,
             '/^([\d\w_ ]{3,40})?$/si' // JDJ Allow spaces and 40 char length
          );
       }
    }

changing the Regex filter from ascii-only to Unicode,which will allow you to use any kind of letters from any language..

you can also customize your filter to allow or disallow specific characters by adding or removing Unicode components (the "p{x}" components within the Regex filter). Here is a small list of what each of those components mean:

\p{L}: any kind of letter from any language.
    \p{Lm}: a special character that is used like a letter. 
    \p{M}: a character intended to be combined with another character (e.g. accents, umlauts, enclosing boxes, etc.).
    \p{N}: any kind of numeric character in any script. 
    \p{Z}: any kind of whitespace or invisible separator. 
    \p{Pd} or \p{Dash_Punctuation}: any kind of hyphen or dash. 
    \p{Pc}: a punctuation character such as an underscore that connects words. 

for a complete list of Unicode components, refer to this url:
    http://www.regular-expressions.info/unicode.html

@peregrine Geek.lk Got a attack in April 1, and backup it again april 2.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@chanux - if you remove the off-topic flag from V. I think you will get more help from the both of us.

did you modify registration at all? or are you using the default? are you using any plugins that deal with registration? Are you using botstop.

Your gonna need to answer the above, if you want help from me.

@peregrine i didn't modify, didn't add new pluings.. i didn't do anything

bcz of some reasons i had to restore my files and DB yesterday.. after that i got this problem

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

edited. @vrijvlinder hit the mark and I gave out the red herring.

Nice ! I will stop trying to help people now thanks goodbye and good luck :)

වාසනාවන්!

@vrijvlinder i have no word to say thank you. its working after your solution. Thanx you verrymuch.

@peregrine i tried vanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry replace before edit the functions.validation.php file. but its did not work. but now working perfectly.

thank you both of you...

You are welcome I am glad it worked :)

@peregrine said:
    edited. vrijvlinder hit the mark and I gave out the red herring.

A case of the student becoming the master? or the master becoming the student?

(GRAPHIC WOULD GO HERE, USE IMAGINATION)

I believe that we are all at times masters and at times students like a never ending circle. I just don't want my red herring syndrome to be contagious ok , for that to work you really need my crystal ball ;)

@vrijvlinder have a small problem. could you help me, when you free

Dont need to space character for user name. i mean there is a name "Chanux Bro". when he register in my site he should add his name like "Chanux_Bro". he cant add "Chanux Bro" bcz it has a space.

my validate rules should be 1. cant add space 2. cant add special characters 3. only can add _ (underscore) and . (dot).